MEQUON, Wis. -- Lauren Paquin became the most prolific goal scorer in Concordia Wisconsin history on Saturday, setting the career record with her second goal just two minutes and 19 seconds into a blowout 20-6 victory over Benedictine at Fitting Field. She also tied the program's career record for points after ending with five goals and an assist.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 20, Benedictine 6
Location: Fitting Field (Mequon, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 7-6, 7-2 MWLC; Benedictine 0-12, 0-9 MWLC
QUOTING LAUREN PAQUIN
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Paquin netted her first marker of the MWLC game 52 seconds in and scored her second with two minutes and 19 seconds elapsed off the clock to set the program's career record for goals with 196. She then had her third in a row for the seventh hat trick in a row and ninth of the season.
- While the spotlight may have been on the senior and her accomplishments, it was a complete team effort again. Concordia Wisconsin had 10 player score, including six with multiple goals. Junior Jenny Quinn (Elmhurst, Ill.) had a career-best three-goal performance and four others netted a pair of scores.
- Senior Kristen Kennedy (London, Ontario) quietly had a notable game with two goals and three assists.
- Senior Ellie Woodman (Janesville, Wis.) had her usual strong performance with nine draw controls and five ground balls on the defensive end of the field. Quinn also had five draw controls and three caused turnovers.
- The Falcons had the 10-goal differential clock running with 8:21 to play before halftime and had it initiated for nearly all of the game.
- Kaylee Garcia recorded a hat trick and Madison Horan scored twice for Benedictine, while Amaris Hernandez had 14 saves.
- The Falcons 20 goals are the most this season and it was the fourth time in the last five games they have won by double-digits.
- Concordia Wisconsin fired a season-high 45 shots, including 34 on goal.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin plays back-to-back MWLC games on March 19 and 20 when it travels to Cornell (3 pm) and Monmouth (12 pm).
June 12, 2019 Women's Lacrosse places seven on MWLC All-Academic Team
May 22, 2019 Paquin adds IWLCA All-Region accolades to her résumé
May 2, 2019 Paquin named MWLC Midfielder of the Year
April 28, 2019 Women's Lacrosse season comes to a close
April 27, 2019 Women's Lacrosse postseason hopes broken
April 23, 2019 Woodman earned MWLC Defensive Player of the Week accolades
April 19, 2019 Paquin scores six, Women's Lacrosse defeats Cornell
April 13, 2019 Historic day for Paquin, Falcons fly by Eagles
April 10, 2019 Women's Lacrosse loses MWLC contest at Aurora
April 9, 2019 Weyer earns MWLC Defensive Player of the Week accolades
April 5, 2019 Women’s Lacrosse hangs on to defeat Northwestern
April 2, 2019 McPike nets MWLC Offensive Player of the Week honors
March 30, 2019 Falcons run past Sabres in MWLC victory
March 27, 2019 Saturday Women's Lacrosse game vs. Marian moved to Mequon
March 26, 2019 Falcon Focus Podcast (March 23, 2019)
March 23, 2019 McPike scores game-winner 12 seconds into overtime
March 20, 2019 Falcons end four-game road trip at George Fox
March 19, 2019 Women's Lacrosse competes against Pomona-Pitzer
March 16, 2019 Augustana edges Women’s Lacrosse
March 15, 2019 Women’s Lacrosse drops MWLC game at IIT
March 7, 2019 Falcons build early advantage in season-opening win
March 5, 2019 Women's Lacrosse at Beloit postponed to Thursday
February 26, 2019 Falcon Focus Podcast (February 26, 2019)
January 28, 2019 Women’s Lacrosse selected third in MWLC Preseason Poll