CHICAGO – Concordia Wisconsin and Illinois Tech were tied 2-2 after 13-plus minutes of action, but from then on the Scarlet Hawks took over and won a 16-5 MWLC game on Friday night at Stuart Field.
Final Score: Illinois Tech 16, Concordia Wisconsin 5
Location: Stuart Field (Chicago, Ill.)
Records: Illinois Tech 1-2, 1-1 MWLC; Concordia Wisconsin 2-1, 2-0 MWLC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Senior Lauren Paquin (Waukesha, Wis.) opened the game with a goal, assisted by Jenny Quinn, with just under three minutes elapsed on the scoreboard. Following a pair of Illinois Tech scores, senior Kristen Kennedy (London, Ontario) found the back of the net to even the game at 2-2, with freshman Megan McPike (Mequon, Wis.) assisting on the marker.
- From then on the Scarlet Hawks would run away, scoring 11-consecutive before halftime and 13 in a row total over an 18-minute and 20-second span.
- Kennedy would play well in the second half, scoring a free-position goal with 16:55 to play. She also assisted on scores by Paquin and McPike over the next nine minutes.
- Paquin also had five ground balls, three draw control wins and four caused turnovers. McPike won five draw controls of her own and freshman Karlee McCanna (Franklin, Wis.) picked up four ground balls.
- Illinois Tech was led by Shanie Scoles who had five goals and an assist, while Alyssa DeLuca tallied four goals. Scotes also won seven draw controls and caused three turnovers.
- The Scarlet Hawks ended 5-of-7 on free-position shots, while the Falcons were 1-of-3. In addition, Concordia Wisconsin was whistled for six yellow cards.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin will compete at Augustana on Saturday at 3 pm in a non-conference match.
May 22, 2019 Paquin adds IWLCA All-Region accolades to her résumé
May 2, 2019 Paquin named MWLC Midfielder of the Year
April 28, 2019 Women's Lacrosse season comes to a close
April 27, 2019 Women's Lacrosse postseason hopes broken
April 23, 2019 Woodman earned MWLC Defensive Player of the Week accolades
April 19, 2019 Paquin scores six, Women's Lacrosse defeats Cornell
April 13, 2019 Historic day for Paquin, Falcons fly by Eagles
April 10, 2019 Women's Lacrosse loses MWLC contest at Aurora
April 9, 2019 Weyer earns MWLC Defensive Player of the Week accolades
April 5, 2019 Women’s Lacrosse hangs on to defeat Northwestern
April 2, 2019 McPike nets MWLC Offensive Player of the Week honors
March 30, 2019 Falcons run past Sabres in MWLC victory
March 27, 2019 Saturday Women's Lacrosse game vs. Marian moved to Mequon
March 26, 2019 Falcon Focus Podcast (March 23, 2019)
March 23, 2019 McPike scores game-winner 12 seconds into overtime
March 20, 2019 Falcons end four-game road trip at George Fox
March 19, 2019 Women's Lacrosse competes against Pomona-Pitzer
March 16, 2019 Augustana edges Women’s Lacrosse
March 15, 2019 Women’s Lacrosse drops MWLC game at IIT
March 7, 2019 Falcons build early advantage in season-opening win
March 5, 2019 Women's Lacrosse at Beloit postponed to Thursday
February 26, 2019 Falcon Focus Podcast (February 26, 2019)
January 28, 2019 Women’s Lacrosse selected third in MWLC Preseason Poll