MEQUON, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin took on Illinois Wesleyan in a non-conference matchup, that featured two teams near the top of their respected conferences. The Titans took control of the game early and did not look back coming away with a 20-5 victory.
Final Score: Illinois Wesleyan 20, Concordia Wisconsin 5
Location: Fitting Field (Mequon, Wis.)
Records: Illinois Wesleyan 10-4, Concordia Wisconsin 8-5
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Down by three goals with 20:38 in the first half remaining, the Falcons started to heat up scoring back-to-back goals to bring the score within one as the Titans held onto a 3-2 lead with just over 15 minutes left in the first half.
- After a back and forth offensive burst from both teams the scored settled for a moment at 5-4, until Illinois Wesleyan went on a 5-1 scoring run to end the first half and go into the intermission leading 9-5. Concordia Wisconsin did see two goals from senior Allison Kurek (Chicago, Ill.) who tallied both goals in the first half.
- Unfortunately, for CUW, the Titans came out of the break with motivation to put the game away. The opposition scored 11 straight goals on their way to a 20-5 victory. Illinois Wesleyan took advantage of strong play on the draw control as they came away with 20, which led to more opportunities on the offensive side.
- The Falcons were 17-27 on the clear for the evening and sophomore Kennedy Boyer (Saline, Mich.) was able to save 10 shots. CUW also picked up 17 ground balls and caused eight turnovers.
- The Titans saw a six-goal performance from Claudia Richman and a five-goal performance from Grainne Kelly, as they were the main forces behind the Illinois Wesleyan attack. Sam Bidlack recorded three assists to go along with one goal.
- The Falcons will take on Monmouth College on Saturday in a MWLC matchup that is scheduled for 1:00 pm.