WAVERLY, Iowa – Ciara Bond netted the game-winning overtime goal to send Concordia Wisconsin into jubilation on Saturday afternoon during an 11-10 victory at Wartburg.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 11, Wartburg 10 OT
Location: Waverly, Iowa
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 6-4, 5-1 MWLC; Warburg 4-5, 1-4 MWLC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Lauren Paquin scored a much-needed goal with 2:42 to play in regulation to knot the scoreboard at 10-10 and turnovers plagued each team the rest of the way. Nearly three minutes went by before Ciara Bond scored the game-winner to continue her strong rookie season.
- Concordia Wisconsin was ahead 8-6 after a sophomore Nicole DeMeo (Niles, Ill.) marker with 15:40 to play prior to Wartburg scoring three-straight goals to push back in front 9-8 with six minutes on the clock in the second half.
- The Falcons and Knights traded goal before Paquin netted the game-tying score.
- Paquin (junior, Waukesha, Wis.) led all players with five goals, while DeMeo and senior Allison Kurek (Chicago, Ill.) each had two scores.
- Paquin led the defensive efforts with five caused turnovers, while Kurek had three caused turnovers and four draw controls. Senior Caitlin Henry (Lansing, Ill.) ended with five draw control wins.
- Sophomore Kennedy Boyer (Saline, Mich.) made six saves during a winning effort in goal.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Falcons are now 2-3 in overtime games.
- Bri Greiskalns had four goals for the Knights and three of her teammates had two goals apiece.
- Laura Sinkovita made 11 saves during a complete game effort.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin completes its two-game Iowa road swing with a Sunday MWLC game at Loras at 12 pm.