ST. PAUL, Minn. – Concordia Wisconsin rallied from a seven-goal deficit over the last 12-plus minutes on Friday night, but ran out of time during a 15-13 loss at Hamline during MWLC play at Klas Field.
Final Score: Hamline 15, Concordia Wisconsin 13
Location: Klas Field (St. Paul, Minn.)
Records: Hamline 4-4, Concordia Wisconsin 4-4
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Hamline used a 7-1 scoring run before halftime and scored 10 seconds into the second half to build a 9-5 advantage. The lead blossomed to 14-7 with 14:24 remaining in the league game.
- Concordia Wisconsin's offense then came alive, by scoring four-consecutive goals and ultimately put together a 6-1 scoring run but just ran out of time.
- Each team took advantage of their free position attempts, scoring three each. As well, defenses were playing well with a combined 38 caused turnovers.
- Junior Lauren Paquin (Waukesha, Wis.) led all players with five goals (two free-position), to go along with seven ground balls, two draw controls and four caused turnovers. Senior Allison Kurek (Chicago, Ill.) had a hat trick, three ground balls, six draw controls and pair of caused turnovers.
- Freshman Ciara Bond (White Bear Lake, Minn.) and senior Caitlin Henry (Lansing, Ill.) each found the back of the net twice. Henry also had seven draw controls. Bond also had five ground balls and four caused turnovers.
- Radian Lenz and Brayden Maass led the Pipers with four goals apiece, while three players each scored twice.
- Molly Dionne made 10 saves in goal during a winning effort.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin hosts Aurora on Wednesday at 4 pm in an MWLC matchup at Fitting Field.