GEORGETOWN, Texas – Sewanee scored the game's first 10 goals en route to a dominating 13-2 victory during a non-conference neutral site game against Concordia Wisconsin.
Final Score: Sewanee 13, Concordia Wisconsin 2
Location: Varsity Field (Georgetown, Texas)
Records: Sewanee 7-3, Concordia Wisconsin 1-2
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Sewanee had too much depth and was balanced throughout the contest, recording eight assists to go along with four free-position goals. They played 27 players in the contest.
- Senior Allison Kurek (Chicago, Ill.) and junior Lauren Paquin (Waukesha, Wis.) each scored a goal for the Falcons. Freshman Ciara Bond (White Bear Lake, Minn.) had an assist. Kurek also recorded three ground balls, five draw controls and two caused turnovers.
- Senior Caitlin Henry (Lansing, Ill.) ended with three ground balls, four draw controls and three caused turnovers. Goalkeeper Kennedy Boyer (sophomore, Saline, Mich.) had 11 saves, four ground balls and three caused turnovers.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Falcons held an 11-5 edge in draw controls and was 19-of-24 on the clear.
- Mary Kate Myers and Alden Woolford each scored two goals for the Tigers, while nine others found the back of the net. Molly Elkins and Grace Zechman each had two assists.
- Brianna Young played half the game and made seven saves, while Kit Sommi recorded four ground balls, five draw controls and two caused turnovers. Logan Bulls also had six ground balls and four cased turnovers.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin hosts Carthage on Saturday at 3 pm in its season-opener at Fitting Field.