MOUNT VERNON, Iowa – Concordia Wisconsin had nine players score during an overpowering 17-2 MWLC victory at Cornell College on Saturday afternoon at Ash Park Stadium.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 17, Cornell College 2
Location: Ash Park Stadium (Mount Vernon, Iowa)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 4-4, 3-0 MWLC, Cornell College 2-7, 1-4 MWLC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Emily Kuhlman scored four goals, Caitlin Henry tallied a hat trick and three other Falcons scored twice as the visitors had the running-clock rule initiated with 10 minutes and 50 seconds to play before halftime.
- Concordia Wisconsin held a 36-15 difference in shots, won 14-of-21 draw controls and had a 29-19 lead in ground balls.
- Freshman Nicole DeMeo (Niles, Ill.) scored 48 seconds into the game and the Falcons had five goals less than nine minutes into the game as they were off to the races. It was the second-straight game they led by 10 or more goals by halftime.
- Kuhlman (freshman, Cold Springs, Minn.) led all scorers with her four goals, while Henry (junior, Lansing, Ill.) recorded her third hat trick this season. Sophomore Christina Pattengale (Portage, Mich.) had two goals and two assists, while sophomore Lauren Paquin (Waukesha, Wis.) and DeMeo each had two goals.
- Freshman Jackie Lanum (Wadsworth, Ill.) and junior Allison Kurek (Chicago, Ill.) each had two helpers.
- Henry and Kurek combined for 11 of the Falcons draw control wins. Henry's six draw control wins were a career high.
- Senior Veronika Metanova (Palatine, Ill.) made eight saves during the victory.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Falcons have scored 17 in each of their three MWLC victories this season and held the opposition to three or fewer goals in each of those victories.
- Concordia Wisconsin snapped a streak of 10-consecutive goals with a free-position score.
- The Falcons extended their streak to 21 MWLC wins in a row.
- Senior Ariana Worthing (Saginaw, Mich.) scored her first career goal with 23:20 to play in the game.
- Emily Whitfield and Sydney Cooper scored the only Ram goals.
- Cooper had seven ground balls, while Vaughn Zittle won four draw controls.
- Hollie Force made five saves in goal during a losing effort.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin travels to Monmouth for a Sunday 1 pm MWLC contest.