MEQUON, Wis. – Ellie Woodman scored a goal and added an assist, while Lexi Holman also scored to help lead the Concordia University Wisconsin Women's Hockey team to a 2-1 win over Trine Friday night.
- Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 2, Trine 1
- Location: Ozaukee Ice Center – Mequon, Wisconsin
- Records: Concordia Wisconsin 11-12-1, 9-7-1; Trine 4-16-1, 2-15 NCHA
HOW IT HAPPENED
- It was Trine who struck first on Friday, scoring a power play goal 9:49 into the opening period. Katie Plyer tallied the goal for the Thunder with Sula Argyris assisting on the play.
- The Falcons would even the score late in the opening period as Lexi Holman (Sauk Rapids, Minn.) scored with 5.7 seconds left on the clock. Woodman (Janesville, Wis.) and Kristen Kennedy (London, Ontario) assisted on the score.
- Woodman would tally the game-winning goal just 1:05 into the second period. Her goal was unassisted and proved to be the difference as the Falcons secured the one-goal win.
- CUW controlled the puck throughout, especially at the end of the contest when Trine was looking for an opportunity to pull its goalie for an extra skater. Instead, the Falcons dominated puck possession, not giving Trine any chances to tie the game late.
- Christina Pattengale (Portage, Mich.) made 14 saves for the Falcons in earning the win. Her counterpart, Ryan Harth, stopped 35 shots for the Thunder.
- The Falcons will host Trine again tomorrow for Senior Day at the Ozaukee Ice Center. Three CUW Seniors will be honored after the game. Also, CUW will be giving away free bacon during the first intermission and a meat raffle will take place with tickets being $1. Puck drop is set for 3 p.m.