MEQUON, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Women's Hockey team dropped a 2-1 neutral site contest against UW-Superior Friday night. The Falcons and Yellowjackets were playing in a game hosted by Saint Benedict for both teams season opener.
- Final Score: UW-Superior 2, Concordia Wisconsin 1
- Location: St. Cloud, Minnesota – Dave Torrey Arena
- Records: UW-Superior 1-0; CUW 0-1
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Each period saw one goal scored, and each goal scored came within the first few minutes of the stanza. UW-Superior struck in both the first and second periods, both off the stick of Mikayla Goodin. She scored 3:24 into the game on a power play score and added a second-period goal 2:01 into the stanza.
- Emily Godwin (London, Ontario) tallied the first goal of the 2017-18 campaign for the Falcons 1:36 into the final period. Her power play score was assisted by Issy Bilton (Burlington, Ontario) and Chloe Bachman (St. Peter, Minn.).
- Christina Pattengale (Portage, Mich.) turned in a solid start between the pipes for the Falcons. The junior recorded 27 saves, including 13 in the final period. Sky Brown stopped 26 shots for the Yellowjackets.
- The Falcons had plenty of opportunities on the power play Friday but finished with just one goal in eight chances. UW-Superior was 1-for-4 with the advantage.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- CUW drops to 4-6-1 in season openers with Friday's setback.
- Godwin's goal was the first of her career. The sophomore blueliner recorded two assists in her rookie campaign.
- The Falcons will face off against Saint Benedict tomorrow at 3 p.m.