LAKE FOREST, Ill. – For the fifth straight game, the Concordia University Wisconsin Women's Hockey team took on a ranked opponent with their matchup against Lake Forest Tuesday night. The Falcons, after playing a weekend home series against Lake Forest, went on the road to face the Foresters and fell by a score of 3-0, resulting in a third straight setback against a team currently ranked sixth in the nation.
- Final Score: No. 6 Lake Forest 3, Concordia Wisconsin 0
- Location: Alumni Memorial Fieldhouse – Lake Forest, Illinois
- Records: Lake Forest 16-2-1, 10-1-1 NCHA; Concordia Wisconsin 6-10-2, 2-8-2 NCHA
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons fell behind 1-0 in the first period as the Foresters scored the first of two power play goals. The game's opening goal came 7:35 into the first off the stick of Julia Unterseher.
- Lake Forest would add two scores in the second, the first of those also coming on the power play. Sydney Simone tallied the goal with the advantage for Lake Forest, while Kayla Griffith scored 2:24 later at the 8:35 mark to make the score 3-0.
- The Falcons struggled to get shots on Tuesday, totaling just 16 in the contest compared to 28 for the Foresters. CUW had only two shots on goal in the first 20 minutes and seven each in the second and third.
- Sophomore Christina Pattengale (Portage, Mich.) made 25 saves for the Falcons. Her counterpart, Jacqueline Audet, stopped all 16 shots she faced.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Falcons were shut out for the third time in their last five games and for the fifth time this season. The last five games all came against ranked opponent, two against then No. 4 Adrian and three straight versus the Foresters.
- CUW will look to bounce back with a weekend home series against Finlandia this weekend. The Falcons and Lions will first play Friday night at 7 p.m. The series finale will also be Pink the Rink at the Ozaukee Ice Center and is set for Saturday at 3 p.m.