RACINE, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin finds itself in fourth place as a team after the opening round of the NACC Championship on Friday afternoon at Meadowbrook Country Club. Amy Carpenter leads the lineup after shooting a 96.
Course: Meadowbrook Country Club (par 73, 5,846 yards)
Team Leaderboard: 4th of 7 (400)
Falcon Individuals: Amy Carpenter (96), Kayla Haen (99), Abbie Haller (102), Molly Mundinger (103), Emily Bubla (118)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The course proved to be difficult, as half of the field shot a score of 100 or higher. Concordia Wisconsin ended the first round with a team score of 400 and sits in fourth place on the team leaderboard.
- Sophomore Amy Carpenter (Elk Grove Village, Ill.) leads the Falcons lineup after shooting a 96 to put herself in 10th place overall. Senior Kayla Haen (Appleton, Wis.) is three shots back after carding a 99, which is good for a tie for 14th overall.
- Sophomore Abbie Haller (Cedar Rapids, Wis.) signed for a 102 and is in 9th, while sophomore Molly Mundinger (West Bend, Wis.) had a103. Senior Emily Bubla (Wisconsin Rapids, Wis.) rounded out the lineup with a 118.
- Aurora leads the field by 53 strokes after shooting a 334 team score. In addition, they have the top three golfers on the individual leaderboard, with Becca Haseman and Kallie Sakamoto each shooting a 7-over par 80.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- The Falcons will tee off tomorrow starting at 10:38 am for the second round of the NACC Championship.