WEST ALLIS, Wis. – Amy Carpenter won medalist honors to help lead the Concordia University Wisconsin Women's Golf team to a win at the Mount Mary Triangular Friday afternoon. The Falcons had three of the top four golfers and defeated runner-up Wisconsin Lutheran by 10 strokes at the event held at Greenfield Park Golf Course.
- Falcons Finish: 1st of 3 (427 strokes)
- Location: Greenfield Park Golf Course – West Allis, Wisconsin
- Falcons Scores: Carpenter (100); Bubla (108); Haller (108); Whitmer (111)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Carpenter (Elk Grove Village, Ill.) shot a 100 to win medalist honors. The sophomore won by four shots over Brianna LeFebre of Wisconsin Lutheran.
- Emily Bubla (Wisconsin Rapids, Wis.) and Abbie Haller (Cedar Rapids, Iowa) tied for third in the event, each shooting a 108.
- Rounding out the Falcons lineup was Megan Whitmer (Plano, Ill.). Whitmer carded a 111 in helping the Falcons to the team title.
BEYOND THE SCORECARD
- CUW won by 10 strokes over Wisconsin Lutheran and host Mount Mary finished third (576).
- The Falcons won two triangulars last season in the opening month. On September 9 last year, CUW picked up a win at the WLC Triangular and added a victory at the Alverno Triangular the next day (September 10).
- The Falcons will take part in a NACC Preview event Sunday at Meadowbrook Country Club in Racine. Meadowbrook will host the three-day NACC Tournament at the end of the month as well.
September 15, 2018 Women's Golf competes at Marian Fall Invitational
September 9, 2018 Women’s Golf competes in NACC Championship Preview event
September 7, 2018 Women's Golf posts victory at Mount Mary Triangular
September 1, 2018 Falcons compete in Carthage Shootout on the Border
August 28, 2018 #CUWStatsInfo: Women's Golf prepared to defend NACC Championship