HOWEY-IN-THE-HILLS, Fla. -- Concordia Wisconsin competed in the opening round of the NCAA Division III Championship on a beautiful Tuesday afternoon at El Campeon Golf Course. The Falcons shot a 390 team score and Kayla Haen leads the lineup with a 94.
Course: Mission Inn Resort & Club - El Campeon Golf Course (par 73, 5,804 yards)
Team Leaderboard: 23rd of 23 (390)
Falcon Individuals: Kayla Haen (94), Molly Mundinger (96), Maddy Zastrow (98), Abbie Haller (102), Amy Carpenter (113)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin began the grueling 72-hole, four-day NCAA Championship with a 390 team score, which featured three golfers firing scores in the 90s.
- Junior Kayla Haen (Appleton, Wis.) leads the Falcons lineup with a 94. She had seven pars, including three in a row to end her outward stretch of nine holes.
- Freshman Molly Mundinger (West Bend, Wis.) carded a 96 and had five total pars. She was 3-over par through her first six holes and was the only Falcon to par to the par 5 first hole.
- Senior Maddy Zastrow (Greendale, Wis.) ended with a 98 and sunk four par putts.
- Freshman Abbie Haller (Cedar Rapids, Iowa) recorded a 102, which included a pair of pars. She had a 47 on the front nine.
- Freshman Amy Carpenter (Elk Grove Village, Ill.) rounded out the lineup with a 113. She made nine bogeys and six of her last seven holes on the front nine were bogeys.
- The Falcons made 18 pars as a team.
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- Claremont Mudd Scripps and Williams are tied atop the team leaderboard with scores of 311.
- Charlotte Simpson (Carnegie Mellon) leads all players with an E-par round of 73.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin will tee off a 8:20 ET and will be paired with Gettysburg.