SOUTH BEND, Ind. – In less than ideal conditions, Concordia Wisconsin battled through at the Bethel (Ind.) Spring Invitational on Friday and Saturday to finish in 10th place, while Maddy Zastrow recorded a 20th place finish to lead the lineup at Blackthorn Golf Course.
Course: Blackthorn Golf Course (par 72, 5,915 yards)
Team Leaderboard: 10th of 10 (411-422 – 833)
Falcon Individuals: Maddy Zastrow (87-88 – 175), Molly Mundinger (90-96 – 186), Abbie Haller (109-104 -213), Anne McGowan (125-134 – 259)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The opening round was completed on Friday as scheduled and players were immediately sent out to start the second round because of incoming weather. The players faced a Saturday morning tee time temperature of 43 degrees, winds blowing 10-20 miles per hour and rain.
- In those less than ideal conditions, Concordia Wisconsin battled on and ended in a 10th place finish after shooting a 411-422 – 833 team score.
- Senior Maddy Zastrow (Greendale, Wis.) led the lineup with a 20th place finish after carding an 87-88 – 159 total. She moved up six spots on the leaderboard after her opening round.
- Freshman Molly Mundinger (West Bend, Wis.) ended in 34th after signing for a 90-96 – 186 total. Freshman Abbie Haller (Cedar Rapids, Iowa) moved up three spots to finish in 50th after a 109-104- 213 total, while sophomore Anne McGowan (Mayville, Wis.) ended two spots higher on the leaderboard than her first round after a 125-134 – 259 score.
- Three golfers tied for first place with a 155 total – Hannah Stradling (Cardinal Stritch), Maddie Thomas (Taylor) and Taylor French (Taylor).
- Taylor won the team trophy with a 319-324 – 643 total to win by 24 strokes.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin is scheduled to compete again next Friday and Saturday at the UW-Whitewater Spring Invitational at Beloit Club in Beloit, Wis.