BRISTOL, Wis. – Maddy Zastrow finished in a tie for 19th place at the Carthage Shootout on the Border, a 36-hole two-day event over Friday and Saturday at Bristol Oaks Golf Club. Concordia Wisconsin placed 10th as a team.
Course: Bristol Oaks Golf Club (par 72, 5,835 yards)
Team Leaderboard: 10th of 17 (360-360 – 720)
Falcon Individuals: Maddy Zastrow (85-86 – 171), Leah Wilde (86-92 – 178), Molly Mundinger (92-90 – 182), Amy Carpenter (102-96 – 198), Abbie Haller (104-107 – 211)#
# competed as an individual
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Senior Maddy Zastrow (Greendale, Wis.) was the only Falcon in the lineup to card both rounds in the 80s (85-86) to finish in a tie for 19th place. The Falcons shot identical rounds of 360 to place 10th overall.
- Sophomore Leah Wilde (Kewaskum, Wis.) tied her career low round on day one with an 86 and followed with a 92 to tie for 40th on the leaderboard.
- Freshman Molly Mundinger (West Bend, Wis.) improved during the second 18 holes by two strokes to finish with a 182 total (92-90) during the first tournament of her career.
- Junior Kayla Haen (Appleton, Wis.) was five strokes better on Saturday from Friday after shooting a 92 compared to an opening round 97. She ended in a tie for 69th spot.
- Freshman Amy Carpenter (Elk Grove Village, Ill.) had the biggest improvement in the lineup of six strokes after signing for a 102-96 to find herself in a tie for 85th.
- Freshman Abbie Haller (Cedar Rapids, Iowa) competed as an individual and shot a 104-107 to tie for 94th in the first tournament of her career.
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- Concordia Wisconsin's 720 team score is the fourth lowest recorded in a 36-hole event.
- Zastrow's finish is the best of her career in a tournament featuring over 100 golfers.
- Ashley Hofmeister (UW-Whitewater) won the event by a stroke after carding a 159 total (81-78) to edge Jordyn Rioux (Hope) who shot 79-81.
- UW-Whitewater won the team trophy with a 649 (332-317) two-day total and was 11 strokes ahead of second-place Hope.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin will compete against NACC foes Wisconsin Lutheran and Alverno at Washington County Golf Course in Hartford, Wis., on Friday.