BRISTOL, Ill. – Concordia Wisconsin participated in the Aurora Fall Invitational at Blackberry Oaks Golf Course and finished in sixth place. Emily Hillman led the Falcons with a tie for 19th place, as it was the final tune-up before the NACC Championship on Friday-Sunday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons placed sixth as a team with a 427 team score out of seven schools competing.
- Junior Emily Hillman (Germantown, Wis.) paced Concordia Wisconsin at the Aurora Fall Invitational with a tie for 19th place after carding a 97. She had five pars during her round.
- Freshman Leah Wilde (Kewaskum, Wis.) shot a 106 to place 33rd and sunk a birdie on the par 3 12th hole, to go along with three pars. She was even par through the first four holes to start the back nine.
- Freshman Leanne Siewert (Glen Ellyn, Ill.) signed for a 110 to place in a tie for 35th position. She sunk a par putt on the par 5, 506 yard 11th hole.
- Senior Amanda Gorshe (Appleton, Wis.) rounded out the lineup with a 114 total to tie for 38th place. She had four pars, including three on the back nine.
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- Host Aurora won the event with a 350 team score.
- Kayla Bednarski (Aurora) took medalist honors with an 84 to edge her teammate, Lauren Anderson, by three strokes.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- The Falcons begin preparing for the three-day, 54-hole Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference Championship at Brighton Dale Links in Kansasville, Wis.