OAK BROOK, Ill. – Concordia University Wisconsin completed its third tournament in a matter of a week on Wednesday afternoon at the Elmhurst College Invitational. The Falcons finished fourth as a team, while senior standout Nina Puch shot a 93.
Course: Oak Brook Golf Course (par 72, 5,871 yards)
CUW Finish: 4th/6 (395)
Falcon Individual Results: Nina Puch 93, Lexi Westphal 97, Megan Reddersdorf 101, Haley Olkiewicz 104, Jessica Wengel 112, Kayla Haen
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons snapped a streak of finishing at least third in back-to-back tournaments with the fourth place finish. They shot a team total of 395.
- Nina Puch (Des Plaines, Ill.) and senior Lexi Westphal (Brownsville, Wis.) were the two Falcons to shoot under 100 with rounds of 93 and 97, respectively. Puch ended in a tie for ninth and Westphal tied for 17th place.
- Junior Megan Reddersdorf (Marengo, Ill.) carded a 101 to tie for 21st and sophomore Haley Olkiewicz (Oshkosh, Wis.) had a 104, which was good for a tie for the 25th spot.
- Freshmen Jessica Wengel (Fredonia, Wis.) and Kayla Haen (Appleton, Wis.) rounded out CUW's lineup with a 112 and 133, respectively, which had them 31st and tied for 32nd.
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- Puch has led the Falcons for all 72 holes played thus far in the 2015-16 season.
- Westphal has finished second in the Falcons lineup in back-to-back tournaments after not competing in the season-opening event.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- CUW will get its longest break of the season thus far before returning to action on Sunday for a dual meet against Alverno College at Greenfield Park Golf Course in West Allis, Wis.