NAPERVILLE, Ill. -- Concordia Wisconsin had trouble finding a rhythm on Wednesday night, scoring 14 points in the first half, as North Central pulled away for a 62-43 non-conference victory inside Gregory Arena.
Final Score: North Central 62, Concordia Wisconsin 43
Location: Gregory Arena (Naperville, Ill.)
Records: North Central 2-2 Concordia Wisconsin 0-2
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin couldn't get into a groove during the first 20 minutes of action, shooting 3-for-24 from the floor. North Central held a 31-14 lead at the intermission.
- The Falcons continued to get stronger as the game progressed, scoring 17 points in the final quarter and shooting 40 percent (8-of-20). They ended with a 12-4 advantage in second-chance points, which was a result of grabbing 10 offensive rebounds.
- The visitors held a 7-2 lead through five minutes and eight seconds of the game, but the Cardinals closed the opening quarter on a 13-1 scoring run.
- Junior Emily Hafemann (Hales Corners, Wis.) led the Falcons with nine points, while senior Clara Chambers (Mineral Point, Wis.) pulled down six rebounds.
- North Central was led by Alanna Newsome who had 15 points, while Maya Walls recorded 14 points, six rebounds and two blocks.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin begins NACC play on Saturday with a 4:15 pm road game against Dominican.
December 10, 2019 Guns has career game, Falcons blow past Inferno
December 7, 2019 Late 3-pointer falls short in comeback effort
December 3, 2019 Lakeland come from behind to defeat Women's Basketball
November 30, 2019 Stifling defense on display in NACC victory
November 23, 2019 Stars sink Falcons’ NACC opener
November 20, 2019 Falcons drop non-conference game at North Central
November 12, 2019 Falcons show grit in season-opening game against Pioneers
November 11, 2019 Women's Basketball ready for 2019-20 campaign
October 24, 2019 Women's Basketball picked third in NACC Preseason Poll