MILWAUKEE, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin torched the nets on Friday night, shooting 61.8 percent to blow past Lakeland, 90-63, to advance to the NACC Tournament Championship game for the third-consecutive season.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 90, Lakeland 63
Location: Recreation Complex (Milwaukee, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 19-8, Lakeland 20-6
QUOTING BAYLEE BARKER
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin trailed for the first three minutes of the contest before the flood gates opened and the ball seemed to go through the hoop every time it was shot. They used a 20-8 scoring run over a six-minute stretch in the opening quarter to build a double-digit advantage and never look back.
- The Falcons owned a 12-point advantage at halftime and extended that to 20 just over two minutes into the third quarter. Lakeland would get to within 11 points, but the hot shooting was something they couldn't contend with.
- Concordia Wisconsin shot 61.8 percent for the game, which is just shy of the program record 62.1 percent set in 2006. They recorded a shooting percentage of 60 percent or better in three of the four quarters. In addition, they scored 52 points in the paint and had six players score in double-figures.
- Senior Baylee Barker (Oconomowoc, Wis.) had a noteworthy game with 17 points, four assists and two steals, to go along a career-high 12 rebounds.
- Senior Ashley Solberg (Waukesha, Wis.) had 15 points and five rebounds, while junior Clara Chambers (Mineral Point, Wis.) recorded 12 points and nine rebounds. Sophomore Emily Hafemann (Hales Corners, Wis.) scored 13 points and junior Arianna Liddicoat (Watertown, Wis.) had 11 points, five assists and four rebounds. Junior Kaitlyn Foster (Janesville, Wis.) ended with 10 points off the bench.
- Megan Will led Lakeland with 23 points on 11-of-18 shooting; while Kacey Gardner tallied 12 points, seven assists, five rebounds and two steals off the bench.
- All five Falcon starters made at least five field goals, with Solberg going 6-for-6 from the field.
- It was the fourth time this season Concordia Wisconsin has reached the 90-point plateau.
- Saturday will mark the seventh time the Falcons have advanced to the NACC Tournament Championship game and the fifth time they will face off against Wisconsin Lutheran.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin (third seed) will play against Wisconsin Lutheran (top seed) in the NACC Tournament Championship game on Saturday at 7 pm.