MEQUON, Wis. – It was a picturesque shot from the right wing as Baylee Barker drained a 3-pointer for her 1,000th career point during Concordia Wisconsin 57-46 victory over MSOE on Tuesday night. The victory advances the Falcons to the NACC Tournament semifinals and competes against Lakeland on Friday at 5 pm.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 57, MSOE 46
Location: R. John Buuck Field House (Mequon, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 18-8, MSOE 13-13
QUOTING HEAD COACH STACEY BRUNNER-JONES
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin used a dominating 18-4 second quarter to take a double-digit lead into the locker room at halftime. During the opening half, they held MSOE to 0-for-9 showing from downtown and forced nine turnovers.
- The third quarter shifted quickly in favor of the visitors, as they cut the deficit to four points after outscoring the Falcons 23-14. During the shift in momentum, they drained four 3-pointers. Concordia Wisconsin hung on during the final quarter of play to earn the postseason win and advance to Friday's NACC Tournament semifinal contest.
- It was a team victory, but the night was memorable for senior Baylee Barker (Oconomowoc, Wis.) who became the 18th member of the program's 1,000 point club. After sophomore Emily Hafemann (Hales Corners, Wis.) dribbled from the left block towards the middle, she riffled a pass to a wide-open Barker who calmly drained the long ball with a pure stroke as she has done throughout her career to send the crowd into euphoria.
- Barker led all players with 17 points, to go along with six rebounds, two assists and two steals.
- Junior Arianna Liddicoat (Watertown, Wis.) netted 14 points and grabbed seven rebounds. Hafemann recorded her third career double-double with 11 points and 10 rebounds.
- Kayla Barreto scored 15 points to lead MSOE, while Jamie Spanbauer had 11 points and Samantha Brooker hauled in 10 rebounds, stole four passes and blocked four shots.
- The Falcons forced 14 turnovers and converted those into 14 points.
- Concordia Wisconsin improves to 16-10 all-time in NACC Tournament games.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin (third seed) will play against Lakeland (second seed) on Friday at 5 pm in a NACC Tournament semifinal game on the campus of Wisconsin Lutheran.
March 26, 2019 Falcon Focus Podcast (March 23, 2019)
February 26, 2019 Barker, Chambers named Women's Basketball All-NACC
February 23, 2019 Women’s Basketball season comes to a close
February 22, 2019 Falcons torch the nets to advance to title game
February 21, 2019 Women's Basketball Preview: vs. Lakeland in NACC Tournament semifinal
February 17, 2019 Falcons to host MSOE on Tuesday at 7 pm
February 16, 2019 Women’s Basketball drops regular season finale at Benedictine
February 13, 2019 Barkers nets 27, Falcons grind out win over Eagles
February 9, 2019 Chambers has career game, Falcons defeat Sabres
February 7, 2019 Women’s Basketball falls at NACC-leading Wisconsin Lutheran
February 5, 2019 Foster scores 20, Falcons clinch NACC Tournament spot
February 2, 2019 Falcons can’t slow late Muskies surge
January 26, 2019 Falcons show balance in CIT victory
January 25, 2019 Szolyga scores 17, Falcons compete at CIT
January 22, 2019 Women’s Basketball downs Dominican
January 19, 2019 Women’s Basketball rams Rockford, wins eighth straight
January 16, 2019 Falcons earn lopsided victory over Illinois Tech
January 12, 2019 Falcons lock down Spartans during important victory
January 10, 2019 Women’s Basketball uses strong 2nd quarter to pull away in road win
January 8, 2019 Falcons’ blowout Cougars in balanced effort
January 2, 2019 Szolyga propels 23-6 scoring run in victory
December 29, 2018 Falcons fly by Scarlet Hawks
December 19, 2018 Warhawks pull away in final minutes against Falcons
December 8, 2018 Falcons lead wire-to-wire in NACC win over Eagles
December 4, 2018 Lakeland pulls away from Women’s Basketball in OT
December 1, 2018 Falcons drop home opener to Warriors
November 27, 2018 Barker scores 20, Falcons drain eight 3-pointers in road win
November 20, 2018 No. 3 Hope hands Women’s Basketball first loss
November 17, 2018 Women’s Basketball bounces UW-Platteville
November 15, 2018 Falcons make FTs, use defense in final minutes to win season opener
November 13, 2018 Falcon Focus Podcast (November 13, 2018)
November 5, 2018 Women’s Basketball chosen second in NACC Preseason Poll
September 6, 2018 Blog: Hafemann reflects on mission trip to Haiti
August 28, 2018 Clouthier joins Women's Basketball as Assistant Coach