LISLE, Ill. – Despite outscoring Benedictine by 10 points in the third quarter, Concordia Wisconsin was able to put together a much needed run in the fourth during a 64-61 loss at Benedictine to close out the regular season.
The Falcons are the third seed in the NACC Tournament and will host sixth-seeded MSOE on Tuesday at 7 pm inside the R. John Buuck Field House.
Final Score: Benedictine 64, Concordia Wisconsin 61
Location: Rice Center (Lisle, Ill.)
Records: Benedictine 21-4, 17-3 NACC; Concordia Wisconsin 17-8, 15-5 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin trailed by seven after 10 minutes of play and by 12 at halftime, before turning things around with a 21-point third quarter. During the third quarter, they drained 10-of-13 free throws, but couldn't put tougher a timely scoring run.
- With the score tied at 47-47 with 8:05 to play, Benedictine pulled away with a 17-8 scoring run over the next eight minutes to separate themselves.
- The Falcons went cold from outside the arc, making just 2-of-12 3-point attempts, but did make 21-of-26 free throws (80.8) percent. They also registered 10 steals, but were limited to five assists.
- Junior Kaitlyn Foster (Janesville, Wis.) had 16 points on 5-of-7 shooting, while senior Baylee Barker (Oconomowoc, Wis.) junior Arianna Liddicoat (Watertown, Wis.) had 10 points each.
- Senior Ashley Solberg (Waukesha, Wis.) ended with seven rebounds and three steals.
- D'Asia Williams led all players with 18 points, to go along with eight rebounds for Benedictine. Allison Michalski had 16 points and seven rebounds, and Alex Fanning recorded 13 points, nine rebounds, three assists, four blocks and two steals.
- Barker is now 14 points shy of becoming the 18th player in program history to reach the 1,000 point club.
- The Falcons scored 16 points off 18 Eagles turnovers. They also had a 23-11 advantage in bench production.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin will host MSOE in a No. 3 vs. No. 6 matchup in the NACC Tournament at 7 pm on Tuesday inside the R. John Buuck Field House.
March 26, 2019 Falcon Focus Podcast (March 23, 2019)
February 26, 2019 Barker, Chambers named Women's Basketball All-NACC
February 23, 2019 Women’s Basketball season comes to a close
February 22, 2019 Falcons torch the nets to advance to title game
February 21, 2019 Women's Basketball Preview: vs. Lakeland in NACC Tournament semifinal
February 17, 2019 Falcons to host MSOE on Tuesday at 7 pm
February 16, 2019 Women’s Basketball drops regular season finale at Benedictine
February 13, 2019 Barkers nets 27, Falcons grind out win over Eagles
February 9, 2019 Chambers has career game, Falcons defeat Sabres
February 7, 2019 Women’s Basketball falls at NACC-leading Wisconsin Lutheran
February 5, 2019 Foster scores 20, Falcons clinch NACC Tournament spot
February 2, 2019 Falcons can’t slow late Muskies surge
January 26, 2019 Falcons show balance in CIT victory
January 25, 2019 Szolyga scores 17, Falcons compete at CIT
January 22, 2019 Women’s Basketball downs Dominican
January 19, 2019 Women’s Basketball rams Rockford, wins eighth straight
January 16, 2019 Falcons earn lopsided victory over Illinois Tech
January 12, 2019 Falcons lock down Spartans during important victory
January 10, 2019 Women’s Basketball uses strong 2nd quarter to pull away in road win
January 8, 2019 Falcons’ blowout Cougars in balanced effort
January 2, 2019 Szolyga propels 23-6 scoring run in victory
December 29, 2018 Falcons fly by Scarlet Hawks
December 19, 2018 Warhawks pull away in final minutes against Falcons
December 8, 2018 Falcons lead wire-to-wire in NACC win over Eagles
December 4, 2018 Lakeland pulls away from Women’s Basketball in OT
December 1, 2018 Falcons drop home opener to Warriors
November 27, 2018 Barker scores 20, Falcons drain eight 3-pointers in road win
November 20, 2018 No. 3 Hope hands Women’s Basketball first loss
November 17, 2018 Women’s Basketball bounces UW-Platteville
November 15, 2018 Falcons make FTs, use defense in final minutes to win season opener
November 13, 2018 Falcon Focus Podcast (November 13, 2018)
November 5, 2018 Women’s Basketball chosen second in NACC Preseason Poll
September 6, 2018 Blog: Hafemann reflects on mission trip to Haiti
August 28, 2018 Clouthier joins Women's Basketball as Assistant Coach