MEQUON, Wis. – Baylee Barker had her shooting stroke in rhythm scoring a career-high-tying 27 points, as Concordia Wisconsin earned a difficult 75-71 victory over Edgewood during NACC play on Wednesday night.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 75, Edgewood 71
Location: R. John Buuck Field House (Mequon, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 16-7, 14-4 NACC; Edgewood 14-9, 11-7 NACC
QUOTING BAYLEE BARKER
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Barker was urged to gain her confidence back by head coach Stacey Brunner-Jones after a 1-for-9 performance in the Falcons last game at Marian. The senior guard from Oconomowoc, Wisconsin did just that, by going 8-of-14 from the field (two 3-pointers) and making 9-of-10 free throws to tie her career high of 27 points from earlier this season.
- As unit, Concordia Wisconsin did what they need in certain situations to stay ahead just enough through the game. There were 13 lead changes and 12 scoring ties in the heated matchup.
- The Falcons trailed 67-66 with two minutes and 39 seconds to play and junior guard Clara Chambers (Mineral Point, Wis.) drained a 3-pointer on the ensuing possession to put the hosts in front for good. Barker made a layup on the next offensive possession to put the Falcons in front four and made four free throws down the stretch.
- Chambers ended with 10 points, while freshman Camryn Szolyga (Waukesha, Wis.) had 15 points off the bench in 23 minutes.
- Diamond Pikulyk led the Eagles with 18 points in 18 minutes, while Lexi Walter and Alyssa Lemirande each had 12 points. Abby Shane added eight points and six assists.
- The Falcons have locked up the third seed for the NACC Tournament and will host a game next Tuesday at 7 pm inside the R. John Buuck Field House.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin travels to Benedictine for a Saturday 2 pm NACC matchup.
March 26, 2019 Falcon Focus Podcast (March 23, 2019)
February 26, 2019 Barker, Chambers named Women's Basketball All-NACC
February 23, 2019 Women’s Basketball season comes to a close
February 22, 2019 Falcons torch the nets to advance to title game
February 21, 2019 Women's Basketball Preview: vs. Lakeland in NACC Tournament semifinal
February 17, 2019 Falcons to host MSOE on Tuesday at 7 pm
February 16, 2019 Women’s Basketball drops regular season finale at Benedictine
February 13, 2019 Barkers nets 27, Falcons grind out win over Eagles
February 9, 2019 Chambers has career game, Falcons defeat Sabres
February 7, 2019 Women’s Basketball falls at NACC-leading Wisconsin Lutheran
February 5, 2019 Foster scores 20, Falcons clinch NACC Tournament spot
February 2, 2019 Falcons can’t slow late Muskies surge
January 26, 2019 Falcons show balance in CIT victory
January 25, 2019 Szolyga scores 17, Falcons compete at CIT
January 22, 2019 Women’s Basketball downs Dominican
January 19, 2019 Women’s Basketball rams Rockford, wins eighth straight
January 16, 2019 Falcons earn lopsided victory over Illinois Tech
January 12, 2019 Falcons lock down Spartans during important victory
January 10, 2019 Women’s Basketball uses strong 2nd quarter to pull away in road win
January 8, 2019 Falcons’ blowout Cougars in balanced effort
January 2, 2019 Szolyga propels 23-6 scoring run in victory
December 29, 2018 Falcons fly by Scarlet Hawks
December 19, 2018 Warhawks pull away in final minutes against Falcons
December 8, 2018 Falcons lead wire-to-wire in NACC win over Eagles
December 4, 2018 Lakeland pulls away from Women’s Basketball in OT
December 1, 2018 Falcons drop home opener to Warriors
November 27, 2018 Barker scores 20, Falcons drain eight 3-pointers in road win
November 20, 2018 No. 3 Hope hands Women’s Basketball first loss
November 17, 2018 Women’s Basketball bounces UW-Platteville
November 15, 2018 Falcons make FTs, use defense in final minutes to win season opener
November 13, 2018 Falcon Focus Podcast (November 13, 2018)
November 5, 2018 Women’s Basketball chosen second in NACC Preseason Poll
September 6, 2018 Blog: Hafemann reflects on mission trip to Haiti
August 28, 2018 Clouthier joins Women's Basketball as Assistant Coach