FOND du LAC, Wis. – Clara Chambers had a career game with 28 points to help Concordia Wisconsin earn a 71-64 victory at Marian on Saturday afternoon during NACC play.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 71, Marian 64
Location: Sadoff Gymnasium (Fond du Lac, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 16-7, 14-4 NACC; Marian 2-21, 2-16 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Junior Clara Chambers (Mineral Point, Wis.) was again feeling it from downtown during the victory, with five 3-pointers to go along with a 7-for-7 performance at the free throw line for a career-high 28 points. The guard drained a pair of long balls in the first and fourth quarters, and tallied 12 points in the last 10 minutes of play.
- Concordia Wisconsin was excellent at the free throw line, making 23-of-25 in the game, and going 10-for-10 in the fourth quarter. They made nine and 12-consecutive throughout the game.
- The Falcons trailed 54-49 with 6:21 to play in the game before putting together a 17-10 scoring run that included 10 free throws and 12 points by Chambers.
- Senior Ashley Solberg (Waukesha, Wis.) recorded her second career double-double with 12 points and 14 rebounds to go along with three steals, two assists and a block.
- Rachel Serchen scored a game-high 23 points on 9-of-12 shooting for Marian, while Paris Harris had 15 points and 15 rebounds off the bench in 30 minutes.
_ The Falcons are currently third in the NACC standings with two games to play. They'll need to win their next two games and have Lakeland go 2-1 next week to secure the No. 2 seed and a first-round bye in the NACC Tournament.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin hosts Edgewood on Wednesday at 7 pm inside the R. John Buuck Field House.
March 26, 2019 Falcon Focus Podcast (March 23, 2019)
February 26, 2019 Barker, Chambers named Women's Basketball All-NACC
February 23, 2019 Women’s Basketball season comes to a close
February 22, 2019 Falcons torch the nets to advance to title game
February 21, 2019 Women's Basketball Preview: vs. Lakeland in NACC Tournament semifinal
February 17, 2019 Falcons to host MSOE on Tuesday at 7 pm
February 16, 2019 Women’s Basketball drops regular season finale at Benedictine
February 13, 2019 Barkers nets 27, Falcons grind out win over Eagles
February 9, 2019 Chambers has career game, Falcons defeat Sabres
February 7, 2019 Women’s Basketball falls at NACC-leading Wisconsin Lutheran
February 5, 2019 Foster scores 20, Falcons clinch NACC Tournament spot
February 2, 2019 Falcons can’t slow late Muskies surge
January 26, 2019 Falcons show balance in CIT victory
January 25, 2019 Szolyga scores 17, Falcons compete at CIT
January 22, 2019 Women’s Basketball downs Dominican
January 19, 2019 Women’s Basketball rams Rockford, wins eighth straight
January 16, 2019 Falcons earn lopsided victory over Illinois Tech
January 12, 2019 Falcons lock down Spartans during important victory
January 10, 2019 Women’s Basketball uses strong 2nd quarter to pull away in road win
January 8, 2019 Falcons’ blowout Cougars in balanced effort
January 2, 2019 Szolyga propels 23-6 scoring run in victory
December 29, 2018 Falcons fly by Scarlet Hawks
December 19, 2018 Warhawks pull away in final minutes against Falcons
December 8, 2018 Falcons lead wire-to-wire in NACC win over Eagles
December 4, 2018 Lakeland pulls away from Women’s Basketball in OT
December 1, 2018 Falcons drop home opener to Warriors
November 27, 2018 Barker scores 20, Falcons drain eight 3-pointers in road win
November 20, 2018 No. 3 Hope hands Women’s Basketball first loss
November 17, 2018 Women’s Basketball bounces UW-Platteville
November 15, 2018 Falcons make FTs, use defense in final minutes to win season opener
November 13, 2018 Falcon Focus Podcast (November 13, 2018)
November 5, 2018 Women’s Basketball chosen second in NACC Preseason Poll
September 6, 2018 Blog: Hafemann reflects on mission trip to Haiti
August 28, 2018 Clouthier joins Women's Basketball as Assistant Coach