MILWAUKEE, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin fell behind early and was never able to recover on Thursday night at Wisconsin Lutheran during a 74-52 loss inside the Recreation Complex.
Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 74, Concordia Wisconsin 52
Location: Recreation Complex (Milwaukee, Wis.)
Records: Wisconsin Lutheran 21-1, 16-1 NACC; Concordia Wisconsin 15-7, 13-4 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- It was a tale of two halves for Concordia Wisconsin, as they struggled during the first 20 minutes of play going 5-of-26 (19.2 percent) from the floor and fell behind 34-17 at halftime. During the second half, they were vastly improved offensively, shooting 12-of-19 (63.2 percent) and making all eight free throw attempts in the third quarter.
- Despite begin outscored by 17 points during the opening half, the Falcons were outscored by five points during the final 20 minutes of action. Concordia Wisconsin made an impressive 92.2 percent (13-of-14) of its free throw attempts during the contest.
- Senior Baylee Barker (Oconomowoc, Wis.) led all players with 15 points (three 3-pointers), while freshman Camryn Szolyga (Waukesha, Wis.) had 14 points, five rebounds and two steals off the bench.
- Junior Katlyn Foster (Janesville, Wis.) added 11 points and sophomore Emily Hafemann (Hales Corners, Wis.) added seven points.
- Maddy Elrod put together a double-double, 14 points and 10 rebounds, to lead Wisconsin Lutheran. Lexi Reinke recorded 13 points, seven rebounds and five rebounds.
- The Falcons ended with a 27-19 advantage in bench production, but was outscored 36-22 in the paint.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin will travel to Marian for a Saturday NACC contest at 2 pm.