MEQUON, Wis. – Kaitlyn Foster scored a career-high 20 points, which included a perfect 12-for-12 performance at the free throw line and Concordia Wisconsin did most of its damage at the charity stripe during a 64-50 victory over MSOE during NACC play. The victory clinches a spot in the NACC Tournament for the Falcons.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 64, MSOE 50
Location: R. John Buuck Field House (Mequon, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 15-6, 13-3 NACC; MSOE 11-11, 9-8 NACC
QUOTING KAITLYN FOSTER
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons drained 26-of-30 free throw, including going 17-of-20 during the second half to help seal the win inside the R. John Buuck Field House.
- Offense was hard to come by for both squads during the first 20 minutes of play, as Concordia Wisconsin took a 22-20 lead into the locker room. The shooting percentages were below 30 percent for both teams and they combined to go 3-of-16 from long range in the first half.
- The Falcons slowly began to pull away in the second half, by making free throws and converting steals into fast break layups. They ended with 17 fast break points.
- Foster (junior, Janesville, Wis.) tallied all 20 of her points in 23 minutes of action, to go along with five rebounds and two steals.
- Senior Ashley Solberg (Waukesha, Wis.) netted 13 points, while junior Clara Chambers (Mineral Point, Wis.) had 10 points, eight rebounds and four assists. Sophomore Emily Hafemann (Hales Corners, Wis.) also had nine points, six rebounds and three assists.
- Jamie Spanbauer scored a team-high 15 points for MSOE. Samantha Brooker recorded four points and eight rebounds, while Rachel Rouna finished with eight points and six rebounds.
- Concordia Wisconsin ended 2-of-15 from downtown and was outrebounded 42-31. It did, however, score 12 points off 16 turnovers.
- The Falcons are in a three-way tie in the NACC standings at 13-3, along with Benedictine and Lakeland. Wisconsin Lutheran is in first place at 15-1 and the top two seeds receive a first-round bye in the NACC Tournament.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin travels to Wisconsin Lutheran for an extremely important NACC contest at 7 pm on Thursday.