MEQUON, Wis. – There was just over four-and-a-half minutes to play in regulation and Concordia Wisconsin was in front by nine points, but Lakeland would put together an offensive surge that carried into overtime and eventually gave the Muskies an 89-81 victory.
Final Score: Lakeland 89, Concordia Wisconsin 81 OT
Location: R. John Buuck Field House (Mequon, Wis.)
Records: Lakeland 17-4, 13-3 NACC: Concordia Wisconsin 14-6, 12-3 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin led 72-63 with 4:33 remaining in regulation prior to Lakeland going on a 12-3 scoring run to send the game into an extra five minutes of basketball. During the scoring run, Miranda Jacobsen scored four points and Rachel Hasko had the game-tying 3-pointer from the left corner.
- During overtime, the Falcons led for the first three minutes before Muskies closed the game on a 9-2 run to take the pivotal NACC contest.
- The hosts had a 14-point advantage midway through the second quarter and there were 12 lead changes and 10 scoring ties in a game that featured a battle of wills.
- The Falcons came out blistering from the field shooting 76.9 percent and eventually ended at 40.6 for the game. They also made 11 triples, which featured a program-record-tying six by junior Clara Chambers (Mineral Point, Wis.) who ended with 20 points.
- Junior Emily Hafemann tallied a career-high 18 points of her own and senior Baylee Barker (Oconomowoc, Wis.) added 12 points. Freshman Camryn Szolyga (Waukesha, Wis.) scored 11 points and grabbed nine rebounds off the bench. Senior Ashley Solberg (Waukesha, Wis.) ended with 10 points.
- Jacobsen led the Muskies with 36 points (13-of-19 shooting, 8-of-11 free throws), 12 rebounds, six assists and two steals. Megan Will also had 15 points and Rachel Hasko tallied 10 points.
- The Falcons have made double-digit 3-pointers in eight games this season.
- Concordia Wisconsin has five games remaining on the schedule and four of those teams are in the hunt for a NACC Tournament spot.
- At halftime of the men's basketball game, the Falcons honored Baylee Barker, Ashley Solberg and Anne Gierach for their hard work and dedication to the program over the last three-plus seasons.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin travels to MSOE for a NACC contest on Tuesday with a 7 pm tipoff.
March 26, 2019 Falcon Focus Podcast (March 23, 2019)
February 26, 2019 Barker, Chambers named Women's Basketball All-NACC
February 23, 2019 Women’s Basketball season comes to a close
February 22, 2019 Falcons torch the nets to advance to title game
February 21, 2019 Women's Basketball Preview: vs. Lakeland in NACC Tournament semifinal
February 17, 2019 Falcons to host MSOE on Tuesday at 7 pm
February 16, 2019 Women’s Basketball drops regular season finale at Benedictine
February 13, 2019 Barkers nets 27, Falcons grind out win over Eagles
February 9, 2019 Chambers has career game, Falcons defeat Sabres
February 7, 2019 Women’s Basketball falls at NACC-leading Wisconsin Lutheran
February 5, 2019 Foster scores 20, Falcons clinch NACC Tournament spot
February 2, 2019 Falcons can’t slow late Muskies surge
January 26, 2019 Falcons show balance in CIT victory
January 25, 2019 Szolyga scores 17, Falcons compete at CIT
January 22, 2019 Women’s Basketball downs Dominican
January 19, 2019 Women’s Basketball rams Rockford, wins eighth straight
January 16, 2019 Falcons earn lopsided victory over Illinois Tech
January 12, 2019 Falcons lock down Spartans during important victory
January 10, 2019 Women’s Basketball uses strong 2nd quarter to pull away in road win
January 8, 2019 Falcons’ blowout Cougars in balanced effort
January 2, 2019 Szolyga propels 23-6 scoring run in victory
December 29, 2018 Falcons fly by Scarlet Hawks
December 19, 2018 Warhawks pull away in final minutes against Falcons
December 8, 2018 Falcons lead wire-to-wire in NACC win over Eagles
December 4, 2018 Lakeland pulls away from Women’s Basketball in OT
December 1, 2018 Falcons drop home opener to Warriors
November 27, 2018 Barker scores 20, Falcons drain eight 3-pointers in road win
November 20, 2018 No. 3 Hope hands Women’s Basketball first loss
November 17, 2018 Women’s Basketball bounces UW-Platteville
November 15, 2018 Falcons make FTs, use defense in final minutes to win season opener
November 13, 2018 Falcon Focus Podcast (November 13, 2018)
November 5, 2018 Women’s Basketball chosen second in NACC Preseason Poll
September 6, 2018 Blog: Hafemann reflects on mission trip to Haiti
August 28, 2018 Clouthier joins Women's Basketball as Assistant Coach