MEQUON, Wis. – The CUW women's basketball team extended its winning streak to nine games with a 70-61 victory over Dominican.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 70, Dominican 61
Location: R. John Buuck Field House (Mequon, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 13-4, 12-2 NACC; Dominican 11-7, 7-6 NACC
QUOTING ARIANNA LIDDICOAT
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons were able to come back in a back-and-forth game, aided by a 21-14 scoring advantage in the third quarter. During the third set of 10 minutes of action they made five free throws and a pair of 3-pointers.
- After Dominican drained seven 3-pointers in the opening half, the Falcons defense clamped down in the second half, limiting the visitors to 1-of-6 from deep.
- The hosts, who lead the nation in 3-point shooting, had to alter their game and went into the painted area for 30 points. The Stars bench ended with 21 points.
- Sophomore Clara Chambers (Mineral Point, Wis.) led the Falcons with three 3-point baskets. The Falcons had three players with double-digit points, led by senior Baylee Barker (Oconomowoc, Wis.) with 18, junior Arianna Liddicoat (Watertown, Wis.) added 17 points and Chambers finished with 11. Sophomore Emily Hafemann (Hales Corners, Wis.) led CUW with nine rebounds.
- Timiya Ray and Alisha Markley each had 15 points for Dominican, with Markley draining four 3-pointers. Ray also had seven rebounds, two steals and three blocks.
- Concordia Wisconsin won its ninth game in a row dating back to December 29, with six of those coming at home.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- CUW returns to action on Friday at the Concordia Invitational Tournament in Ann Arbor, Michigan, against Concordia Nebraska. Tipoff is scheduled for 12 pm CT.
March 26, 2019 Falcon Focus Podcast (March 23, 2019)
February 26, 2019 Barker, Chambers named Women's Basketball All-NACC
February 23, 2019 Women’s Basketball season comes to a close
February 22, 2019 Falcons torch the nets to advance to title game
February 21, 2019 Women's Basketball Preview: vs. Lakeland in NACC Tournament semifinal
February 17, 2019 Falcons to host MSOE on Tuesday at 7 pm
February 16, 2019 Women’s Basketball drops regular season finale at Benedictine
February 13, 2019 Barkers nets 27, Falcons grind out win over Eagles
February 9, 2019 Chambers has career game, Falcons defeat Sabres
February 7, 2019 Women’s Basketball falls at NACC-leading Wisconsin Lutheran
February 5, 2019 Foster scores 20, Falcons clinch NACC Tournament spot
February 2, 2019 Falcons can’t slow late Muskies surge
January 26, 2019 Falcons show balance in CIT victory
January 25, 2019 Szolyga scores 17, Falcons compete at CIT
January 22, 2019 Women’s Basketball downs Dominican
January 19, 2019 Women’s Basketball rams Rockford, wins eighth straight
January 16, 2019 Falcons earn lopsided victory over Illinois Tech
January 12, 2019 Falcons lock down Spartans during important victory
January 10, 2019 Women’s Basketball uses strong 2nd quarter to pull away in road win
January 8, 2019 Falcons’ blowout Cougars in balanced effort
January 2, 2019 Szolyga propels 23-6 scoring run in victory
December 29, 2018 Falcons fly by Scarlet Hawks
December 19, 2018 Warhawks pull away in final minutes against Falcons
December 8, 2018 Falcons lead wire-to-wire in NACC win over Eagles
December 4, 2018 Lakeland pulls away from Women’s Basketball in OT
December 1, 2018 Falcons drop home opener to Warriors
November 27, 2018 Barker scores 20, Falcons drain eight 3-pointers in road win
November 20, 2018 No. 3 Hope hands Women’s Basketball first loss
November 17, 2018 Women’s Basketball bounces UW-Platteville
November 15, 2018 Falcons make FTs, use defense in final minutes to win season opener
November 13, 2018 Falcon Focus Podcast (November 13, 2018)
November 5, 2018 Women’s Basketball chosen second in NACC Preseason Poll
September 6, 2018 Blog: Hafemann reflects on mission trip to Haiti
August 28, 2018 Clouthier joins Women's Basketball as Assistant Coach