MEQUON, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin used an outstanding 19-0 scoring run in the opening quarter to overwhelm Concordia Chicago on Tuesday night, 85-55, to win its fourth NACC game in a row.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 85, Concordia Chicago 55
Location: R. John Buuck Field House (Mequon, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 8-4, 7-2 NACC; Concordia Chicago 4-9, 4-6
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons trailed 7-2 less than three minutes into the game before the offense exploded with a 19-0 scoring run over the next six minutes to blow the game wide open. Concordia Chicago slowly worked its way back into the game and got to within six points twice midway through the second quarter, but the hosts would regroup and pull away for good.
- The lead swelled to 20-plus points late in the third quarter before the benches cleared and the reserves accumulated valuable minutes and experience.
- Senior Ashley Solberg (Waukesha, Wis.) led all players with a career-high 17 points on 8-of-10 shooting, to go along with nine rebounds. Sophomore Emily Hafemann (Hales Corners, Wis.) ended with 11 points, 11 rebounds, five assists and two steals in 28 minutes of work.
- Senior Baylee Barker (Oconomowoc, Wis.) drained three 3-pointers to become the seventh player in the NCAA-era to reach the 100 long ball plateau. She ended with 15 points, four rebounds and five assists.
- Junior Kaitlyn Foster (Janesville, Wis.) had 12 points and five rebounds, while junior Clara Chambers (Mineral Point, Wis.) had nine points.
- Concordia Chicago was led by Sam Bloom with 12 points and Crystal Corr scored 11 points.
- The Falcons made 10 3-pointers and has made double-figures triples in four games. They also had a 47-29 advantage in rebounds and scored 24 points off 15 offensive rebounds.
- Concordia Wisconsin ended with 32 points in the paint
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin travels to Alverno for a Thursday 7 pm tipoff.