MEQUON, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin overwhelmed winless Marian from the opening tipoff and led by 35 points at halftime before going on to win 61-40 during a NACC contest on Saturday afternoon inside the R. John Buuck Field House.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 61, Marian 40
Location: R. John Buuck Field House (Mequon, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 7-4, 6-2 NACC; Marian 0-14, 0-9 NACC
QUOTING HEAD COACH STACEY BRUNNER-JONES
"We needed to play like we did in the first half to secure our first home win today. It was a great first half on both ends of the court, but we needed to play better in the second half to put a complete game together. Playing well for 40 minutes is extremely important and when that happens we will be the well-rounded team we want to be."
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Junior Clara Chambers (Mineral Point, Wis.) drained a pair of triples en route to 10 points in the opening quarter before freshman Hannah Boettcher (Columbus, Wis.) added nine points of her own in the second quarter. Those two efforts, combined with over 50 percent shooting in each period allowed Concordia Wisconsin to build a sizeable 50-15 lead at the intermission.
- Each of the nine Falcons that saw action scored in the victory, led by Chambers game-high 15 points. They drained all eight of their triples in the opening half with Boettcher knocking down three of the long balls.
- Sophomore Emily Hafemann (Hales Corners, Wis.) had eight points, seven rebounds and three assists, while senior Ashley Solberg (Waukesha, Wis.) recorded nine rebounds and two steals. Junior Arianna Liddiocat (Watertown, Wis.) and freshman Camryn Szolyga (Waukesha, Wis.) had three and two steals, respectively.
- Paris Harris stood out for Marian with eight points and 11 rebounds, while Rachel Serchen scored 13 points.
- The Falcons held a 47-34 advantage in rebounds (18-10 in offensive rebounds), to go along with 13 steals and 26 points off 21 Sabres turnovers.
- The 20-plus point victory is the fourth of the season for Concordia Wisconsin.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin hosts Concordia Chicago on Tuesday at 7 pm in a NACC battle inside the R. John Buuck Field House.
June 24, 2019 Solberg honored with Female Career Achievement Award
March 26, 2019 Falcon Focus Podcast (March 23, 2019)
February 26, 2019 Barker, Chambers named Women's Basketball All-NACC
February 23, 2019 Women’s Basketball season comes to a close
February 22, 2019 Falcons torch the nets to advance to title game
February 21, 2019 Women's Basketball Preview: vs. Lakeland in NACC Tournament semifinal
February 17, 2019 Falcons to host MSOE on Tuesday at 7 pm
February 16, 2019 Women’s Basketball drops regular season finale at Benedictine
February 13, 2019 Barkers nets 27, Falcons grind out win over Eagles
February 9, 2019 Chambers has career game, Falcons defeat Sabres
February 7, 2019 Women’s Basketball falls at NACC-leading Wisconsin Lutheran
February 5, 2019 Foster scores 20, Falcons clinch NACC Tournament spot
February 2, 2019 Falcons can’t slow late Muskies surge
January 26, 2019 Falcons show balance in CIT victory
January 25, 2019 Szolyga scores 17, Falcons compete at CIT
January 22, 2019 Women’s Basketball downs Dominican
January 19, 2019 Women’s Basketball rams Rockford, wins eighth straight
January 16, 2019 Falcons earn lopsided victory over Illinois Tech
January 12, 2019 Falcons lock down Spartans during important victory
January 10, 2019 Women’s Basketball uses strong 2nd quarter to pull away in road win
January 8, 2019 Falcons’ blowout Cougars in balanced effort
January 2, 2019 Szolyga propels 23-6 scoring run in victory
December 29, 2018 Falcons fly by Scarlet Hawks
December 19, 2018 Warhawks pull away in final minutes against Falcons
December 8, 2018 Falcons lead wire-to-wire in NACC win over Eagles
December 4, 2018 Lakeland pulls away from Women’s Basketball in OT
December 1, 2018 Falcons drop home opener to Warriors
November 27, 2018 Barker scores 20, Falcons drain eight 3-pointers in road win
November 20, 2018 No. 3 Hope hands Women’s Basketball first loss
November 17, 2018 Women’s Basketball bounces UW-Platteville
November 15, 2018 Falcons make FTs, use defense in final minutes to win season opener
November 13, 2018 Falcon Focus Podcast (November 13, 2018)
November 5, 2018 Women’s Basketball chosen second in NACC Preseason Poll
September 6, 2018 Blog: Hafemann reflects on mission trip to Haiti
August 28, 2018 Clouthier joins Women's Basketball as Assistant Coach