MILWAUKEE, Wis. – Camryn Szolyga continually improves from game to game and Wednesday night was no different, as she netted nine points during a game-changing 23-6 scoring run that propelled Concordia Wisconsin to a 67-47 victory over MSOE.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 67, MSOE 47
Location: Kern Center (Milwaukee, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 6-4, 5-2 NACC; MSOE 6-5, 4-3 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- It was just a one-point game with three minutes to play before halftime and that is when Szolyga drove the bucket and made a layup which began to change the feeling of the game. The offense didn't stop as the clocked ticked on; as Kaitlyn Foster, Baylee Barker, Clara Chambers and Ashley Solberg all added to the scoring run.
- Over those final three minutes before the intermission and during eight-plus minutes into the second half the lead swelled to an 18 point advantage in the NACC content inside the Kern Center.
- Szolyga (freshman, Waukesha, Wis.) led all scorers on the night with 15 points on 7-of-11 shooting during 21 minutes of action. She also pulled down eight rebounds and blocked a shot.
- Barker (senior, Oconomowoc, Wis.) had 12 points, seven assists and two steals; while Chambers stuffed her stat line with 10 points, five rebounds, three assists and five steals.
- Kayla Barreto ended with 10 points, seven rebounds and two steals for MSOE. Connor Bennett scored 10 points and grabbed six rebounds off the bench.
- The Falcons offense continues to be efficient with 19 assists on 27 made field goals. They also got out and ran with 20 fast break points.
- Concordia Wisconsin's 20 point margin is the third of at least that much this season.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin hosts Marian on Saturday in the first game of a NACC doubleheader at 2 pm inside the R. John Buuck Field House.