MADISON, Wis. – One field goal lead to another and another on Saturday afternoon, as Concordia Wisconsin's offense found its rhythm early and often during a 53-40 victory at Edgewood during NACC play.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 53, Edgewood 40
Location: Todd Wehr Edgedome (Madison, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 4-3, 3-2 NACC; Edgewood 4-2, 2-2 NACC
QUOTING HEAD COACH STACEY BRUNNER-JONES
"We came out and started the game like we needed to. During our last few practices, we had to focus on us and getting back to playing Falcon basketball, concentrating on execution and defense. We took care of the ball and our passing was on point. This is an important road win for us to."
HOW IT HAPPENED
- A 7-2 scoring run during the three minutes of the game turned into a commanding 23-9 first quarter lead. The Eagles never got closer than 10 points the rest of the way, as the Falcons led from wire-to-wire inside the Todd Wehr Edgedome.
- Concordia Wisconsin forced 17 Edgewood turnovers and outscored the hosts 26-18 in the paint. They also assisted on 13 of their 19 made field goals.
- Junior Arianna Liddicoat (Watertown, Wis.) had a game-high-tying 11 points, while freshman Camryn Szolyga (Waukesha, Wis.) scored 10 points off the bench in 15 minutes.
- Senior Baylee Barker (Oconomowoc, Wis.) ended with nine points, six assists and five rebounds. Junior Clara Chambers (Mineral Point, Wis.) netted nine points and grabbed five rebounds.
- Abby Shane had a game-high-tying 11 points for the Eagles, while Allison Gordon posted a double-double with 10 points and 10 rebounds. Lexi Walter recorded eight points, 11 rebounds and five blocks.
- Concordia Wisconsin committed a season-low nine turnovers.
- The victory over the Eagles is the 15th in a row dating back to January 25, 2011. During that span, the Falcons have played seven of those on the road and the last three of those have ended in a double-digit victory.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- The Falcons will have next week off to concentrate on first-semester final exams before returning to action at home on December 19 against UW-Whitewater at 6 pm. The Warhawks are currently ranked 22nd in the latest D3Hoops.com poll.