PLYMOUTH, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin put together a pair of highlight reel plays to send the game into overtime, but Lakeland regrouped and walked away with a 77-70 victory in NACC play on Tuesday night inside Woltzen Gymnasium.
Final Score: Lakeland 77, Concordia Wisconsin 70
Location: Woltzen Gymnasium (Plymouth, Wis.)
Records: Lakeland 5-2, 2-1 NACC; Concordia Wisconsin 3-3, 2-2 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- With time winding down Emily Hafemann stepped back on the right wing and hoisted a 24-footer that banked in to tie the game at 67-67 with just over a second to play. Following a Muskies timeout to advance the ball, it was Clara Chambers who came up with an all-important block to send the game into overtime.
- During the overtime period, Lakeland made 6-of-8 free throws, but did commit three turnovers. Concordia Wisconsin wasn't able to capitalize and went 1-for-9 in the extra session.
- The Falcons fell behind early, 15-8 after one quarter, but quickly responded by going on a 13-6 scoring run to begin the second period. From then on the largest cushion for either team was an eight-point lead, 45-37, by Concordia Wisconsin with 5:23 to play in the third.
- Senior Baylee Barker (Oconomowoc, Wis.) had a career game with 27 points on 10-of-23 shooting (five 3-pointers). Sophomore Emily Hafemann (Hales Corners, Wis.) netted 12 points, while junior Clara Chambers (Mineral Point, Wis.) had nine points, five rebounds, six assists, five steals and a block.
- Senior Ashley Solberg (Waukesha, Wis.) ended with eight points and nine rebounds. Junior Arianna Liddicoat (Watertown, Wis.) recorded eight points, seven rebounds, two assists and a steal.
- Megan Will tallied a game-high-tying 27 points for the Muskies, to go along with 12 rebounds and four blocks. Amanda Majewski had 15 points and nine rebounds, while Miranda Jacbosen scored 11 points, grabbed 12 rebounds and dished out six assists.
- Concordia Wisconsin made nine 3-pointers in the contest and has made at least eight 3-pointers in four of the six games this season.
- Lakeland won the rebounding battle 47-34 and had a 36-22 advantage for points in the paint. They also held an 18-6 difference in second-chance points after hauling in 15 offensive rebounds.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- The Falcons travel to Edgewood for a Saturday matinee NACC matchup at 2 pm.
December 8, 2018 Falcons lead wire-to-wire in NACC win over Eagles
December 4, 2018 Lakeland pulls away from Women’s Basketball in OT
December 1, 2018 Falcons drop home opener to Warriors
November 27, 2018 Barker scores 20, Falcons drain eight 3-pointers in road win
November 20, 2018 No. 3 Hope hands Women’s Basketball first loss
November 17, 2018 Women’s Basketball bounces UW-Platteville
November 15, 2018 Falcons make FTs, use defense in final minutes to win season opener
November 13, 2018 Falcon Focus Podcast (November 13, 2018)
November 5, 2018 Women’s Basketball chosen second in NACC Preseason Poll
September 6, 2018 Blog: Hafemann reflects on mission trip to Haiti
August 28, 2018 Clouthier joins Women's Basketball as Assistant Coach