PLYMOUTH, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin put together a pair of highlight reel plays to send the game into overtime, but Lakeland regrouped and walked away with a 77-70 victory in NACC play on Tuesday night inside Woltzen Gymnasium.
Final Score: Lakeland 77, Concordia Wisconsin 70
Location: Woltzen Gymnasium (Plymouth, Wis.)
Records: Lakeland 5-2, 2-1 NACC; Concordia Wisconsin 3-3, 2-2 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- With time winding down Emily Hafemann stepped back on the right wing and hoisted a 24-footer that banked in to tie the game at 67-67 with just over a second to play. Following a Muskies timeout to advance the ball, it was Clara Chambers who came up with an all-important block to send the game into overtime.
- During the overtime period, Lakeland made 6-of-8 free throws, but did commit three turnovers. Concordia Wisconsin wasn't able to capitalize and went 1-for-9 in the extra session.
- The Falcons fell behind early, 15-8 after one quarter, but quickly responded by going on a 13-6 scoring run to begin the second period. From then on the largest cushion for either team was an eight-point lead, 45-37, by Concordia Wisconsin with 5:23 to play in the third.
- Senior Baylee Barker (Oconomowoc, Wis.) had a career game with 27 points on 10-of-23 shooting (five 3-pointers). Sophomore Emily Hafemann (Hales Corners, Wis.) netted 12 points, while junior Clara Chambers (Mineral Point, Wis.) had nine points, five rebounds, six assists, five steals and a block.
- Senior Ashley Solberg (Waukesha, Wis.) ended with eight points and nine rebounds. Junior Arianna Liddicoat (Watertown, Wis.) recorded eight points, seven rebounds, two assists and a steal.
- Megan Will tallied a game-high-tying 27 points for the Muskies, to go along with 12 rebounds and four blocks. Amanda Majewski had 15 points and nine rebounds, while Miranda Jacbosen scored 11 points, grabbed 12 rebounds and dished out six assists.
- Concordia Wisconsin made nine 3-pointers in the contest and has made at least eight 3-pointers in four of the six games this season.
- Lakeland won the rebounding battle 47-34 and had a 36-22 advantage for points in the paint. They also held an 18-6 difference in second-chance points after hauling in 15 offensive rebounds.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- The Falcons travel to Edgewood for a Saturday matinee NACC matchup at 2 pm.
March 26, 2019 Falcon Focus Podcast (March 23, 2019)
February 26, 2019 Barker, Chambers named Women's Basketball All-NACC
February 23, 2019 Women’s Basketball season comes to a close
February 22, 2019 Falcons torch the nets to advance to title game
February 21, 2019 Women's Basketball Preview: vs. Lakeland in NACC Tournament semifinal
February 17, 2019 Falcons to host MSOE on Tuesday at 7 pm
February 16, 2019 Women’s Basketball drops regular season finale at Benedictine
February 13, 2019 Barkers nets 27, Falcons grind out win over Eagles
February 9, 2019 Chambers has career game, Falcons defeat Sabres
February 7, 2019 Women’s Basketball falls at NACC-leading Wisconsin Lutheran
February 5, 2019 Foster scores 20, Falcons clinch NACC Tournament spot
February 2, 2019 Falcons can’t slow late Muskies surge
January 26, 2019 Falcons show balance in CIT victory
January 25, 2019 Szolyga scores 17, Falcons compete at CIT
January 22, 2019 Women’s Basketball downs Dominican
January 19, 2019 Women’s Basketball rams Rockford, wins eighth straight
January 16, 2019 Falcons earn lopsided victory over Illinois Tech
January 12, 2019 Falcons lock down Spartans during important victory
January 10, 2019 Women’s Basketball uses strong 2nd quarter to pull away in road win
January 8, 2019 Falcons’ blowout Cougars in balanced effort
January 2, 2019 Szolyga propels 23-6 scoring run in victory
December 29, 2018 Falcons fly by Scarlet Hawks
December 19, 2018 Warhawks pull away in final minutes against Falcons
December 8, 2018 Falcons lead wire-to-wire in NACC win over Eagles
December 4, 2018 Lakeland pulls away from Women’s Basketball in OT
December 1, 2018 Falcons drop home opener to Warriors
November 27, 2018 Barker scores 20, Falcons drain eight 3-pointers in road win
November 20, 2018 No. 3 Hope hands Women’s Basketball first loss
November 17, 2018 Women’s Basketball bounces UW-Platteville
November 15, 2018 Falcons make FTs, use defense in final minutes to win season opener
November 13, 2018 Falcon Focus Podcast (November 13, 2018)
November 5, 2018 Women’s Basketball chosen second in NACC Preseason Poll
September 6, 2018 Blog: Hafemann reflects on mission trip to Haiti
August 28, 2018 Clouthier joins Women's Basketball as Assistant Coach