RIVER FOREST, Ill. – Baylee Barker exploded in the second quarter with 16 points and Concordia Wisconsin made eight 3-pointers during an easy 68-35 victory on Tuesday evening inside Geiseman Gymnasium.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 68, Concordia Chicago 35
Location: Geiseman Gymnasium (River Forest, Ill.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 3-1, 2-0 NACC; Concordia Chicago 2-4, 2-1 NACC
QUOTING STACEY BRUNNER-JONES
"It was a great team road win tonight. Winning the rebounding battle was important and sharing the basketball was crucial to get our offense going in the first half. We have been on the road so much during the first two weeks of the season and we are ready to play at home on Saturday. It is our Alumni Day on Saturday and we will recognize our alums that helped build this program to what it is today."
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin drained four long balls in the opening quarter and its defense was in lockdown mode giving up just two points during the first 10 minutes of play, which led to an overwhelming 21-2 lead.
- The advantage grew as each minute passed and was at 23 points at the intermission, 37-14. Overall, the visitors led by over 20 points for 23 minutes and 52 seconds of the contest.
- Senior Baylee Barker (Oconomowoc, Wis.) was scoreless in the first quarter before exploding for 16 points, including two 3-pointers, before halftime. She ended with 20 points, to go along with six assists.
- The Falcons shot 43.9 percent from the floor and held the Cougars to 29.2 for the game.
- Junior Arianna Liddicoat (Watertown, Wis.) added 12 points, while senior Ashley Solberg (Waukesha, Wis.) had her first career double-double with 11 points and 10 rebounds.
- Sophomore Emily Hafemann (Hales Corners, Wis.) added seven points, six rebounds, two assists and two steals. Junior Clara Chambers (Mineral Point, Wis.) netted seven points.
- Crystal Corr led Concordia Chicago with 12 points and nine rebounds, while Sam Bloom scored seven points off the bench.
- The Falcons had five players make a 3-pointer in the game and are 29-of-57 (50.9 percent) in their last three games from deep.
- Concordia Wisconsin forced 29 turnovers and converted those errors into 31 points.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin hosts Wisconsin Lutheran on Saturday at 2 pm inside the R. John Buuck Field House for the home opener.