MILWAUKEE, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin fell behind early because of critical turnovers against NACC-leading Wisconsin Lutheran and couldn't recover before eventually falling 61-45 on Saturday afternoon inside the on Saturday afternoon.
Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 61, Concordia Wisconsin 45
Location: Recreation Complex (Milwaukee, Wis.)
Records: Wisconsin Lutheran 15-1, 12-0 NACC; Wisconsin Lutheran 12-5, 9-3 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin committed eight of its 14 turnovers in the opening quarter and found itself down 16-8 after 10 minutes of play. Meanwhile, Wisconsin Lutheran drained six 3-pointers in the first half to build a 33-24 lead at the intermission.
- The Falcons shot well in the game, 41.0 percent, but didn't have a scoring run they needed to cut the double-figure deficit in the third or fourth quarter down.
- Sophomore Arianna Liddicoat (Watertown, Wis.) led the Falcons with a career-high 14 points and five rebounds, while senior Brianna Wagner (Fond du Lac, Wis.) had nine points, four rebounds and two assists.
- Senior Audrey Scharmer (Winona, Minn.) hauled in a game-high 12 rebounds.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Warriors scored 16 points off the Falcons 14 turnovers.
- Jen Dowden led all scorers with 24 points (10-of-12 free throws), while Caitlin Knueppel had 23 points (6-of-11 3-pointers). Coreana Carson dished out a game-high eight assists.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin travels to Aurora for a 7 pm league game on Wednesday.