LISLE, Ill. – Concordia Wisconsin struggled to shoot the basketball on Wednesday night and as a result, dropped a 62-42 decision at Benedictine during NACC play inside the Rice Center.
Final Score: Benedictine 62, Concordia Wisconsin 42
Location: Rice Center (Lisle, Ill.)
Records: Benedictine 11-3, 8-1 NACC; Concordia Wisconsin 10-4, 7-2 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Benedictine led wire-to-wire, with the game tied for just one minute and 15 seconds, in the matchup of two of the top teams in the league. The Eagles limited the Falcons offense and held the visitors to a season-low 26.7 percent from the floor.
- An 11-3 scoring run over a three-minute stretch in the second quarter pushed Benedictine's advantage to double-figures. The hosts shot over 50 percent in the first half and over 45 percent in three of the four quarters.
- Both teams possessed the ball well, with the Falcons committing just 10 turnovers compared to the Eagles 12 errors.
- Senior Audrey Scharmer (Winona, Minn.) ended with her seventh double-double of the season after scoring 10 points and grabbing 12 rebounds. Sophomore Arianna Liddicoat (Watertown, Wis.) added nine points and four rebounds off the bench, while senior Brianna Wagner (Fond du Lac, Wis.) had six points, five rebounds, three assists, two blocks and a steal.
- Junior Marciarae' Harmon (Milwaukee, Wis.) tallied five points, five rebounds and two assists. Freshman Clara Chambers (Mineral Point, Wis.) scored six points.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Falcons had 12 players see action and nine scored.
- Allison Michaelski led all players with 15 points, while Venita Parsons scored 13.
- Madisyn Fischer added 10 points and Georgia Alexakos had eight points and nine rebounds. Alena Moro recorded eight points, nine rebounds and two blocks.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin hosts Lakeland in a NACC showdown on Saturday at 4:15 pm inside the R. John Buuck Field House. The Falcons will honor their senior class at halftime of the men'