MILWAUKEE, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin put together an impressive 12-minute stretch of basketball before halftime that turned a tie game into a 15 point lead at halftime. The Falcons would cruise in the second half before walking away with a 65-55 NACC victory at MSOE. Audrey Scharmer was all over the glass during the win, pulling down a career-best 18 rebounds.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 65, MSOE 55
Location: Kern Center (Milwaukee, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 9-2, 6-0 NACC; MSOE 5-6, 3-3 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Three times the score was tied and the lead changed hands twice through eight minutes of play inside the Kern Center. Following a pair of Scharmer free throws to put the Falcons in front by a point – a lead they wouldn't relinquish – it started a 20-8 scoring run that featured quality defense.
- During the run, Concordia Wisconsin forced six turnovers and limited the Raiders to 2-of-14 shooting from the 2:10 mark left in the opening quarter until the intermission.
- Junior Baylee Barker (Oconomowoc, Wis.) scored a season-high 20 points and hauled in a career-best five rebounds, to go along with five assists and two steals.
- Scharmer (senior, Winona, Minn.) added 12 points and three assists to go alongside her career-high 18 rebounds, which included eight offensive rebounds. Freshman Clara Chambers (Mineral Point, Wis.) recorded 11 points, while senior Brianna Wagner (Fond du Lac, Wis.) had seven points.
- Sophomore Ashley Solberg (Waukesha, Wis.) came off the bench and tallied six points and four rebounds.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- All of Concordia Wisconsin's six NACC victories this season have been decided by at least 10 points or more.
- The double-double for Scharmer is her fifth of the season and third in the last four games.
- Concordia Wisconsin was 8-of-15 from downtown for a season-high 53.3 percent.
- Shaylan Reardon led the Raiders with 19 points, while Jamie Spanbauer chipped in 14 points. Samantha Brooker ended with four points, eight rebounds, two blocks and two steals.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia and Wisconsin Lutheran will square off on Tuesday at 7 pm in a NACC matchup. Both teams, along with Benedictine, are the last three undefeated programs in the league.