FOND du LAC, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin overwhelmed Marian from the get-go on Tuesday night, owning a double-digit lead after the opening quarter before eventually winning 67-35 inside Sadoff Gymnasium.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 67, Marian 35
Location: Sadoff Gymnasium (Fond du Lac, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 4-2, 3-0 NACC; Marian 2-5, 0-3 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin's athleticism and size were too much for Marian all game, as the visitors build a double-digit lead by the end of the opening period and increased the advantage to 20 midway through the third quarter.
- The Falcons forced 23 turnovers and converted those errors into 17 points. They also had a 28-12 advantage in points in the paint and outscored the Sabres bench 17-0.
- The visitors had 16 players see action, with 12 finding the scoring column. Junior Baylee Barker (Oconomowoc, Wis.) tallied 16 points on 7-of-11 shooting, to go along with four rebounds, three assists and three steals.
- Freshman Clara Chambers (Darlington, Wis.) scored 12 points (three 3-pointers), pulled down five rebounds and blocked two shots. Senior Brianna Wagner (Fond du Lac, Wis.) and junior Marciarae' Harmon (Milwaukee, Wis.) each had eight points, with Wagner hauling down seven rebounds and blocking three shots.
- Senior Audrey Scharmer (Winona, Minn.) ended with six points, nine rebounds, two assists and four steals in 23 minutes of work. Sophomore Kelsey Birschbach (Fond du Lac, Wis.) had three points and six rebounds off the bench in nine minutes.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Concordia Wisconsin led for 38:24 in the victory, compared to Marian's 13 seconds.
- The Falcons extended their winning streak against the Sabres to 11 games and in the last four games they have won by 20-plus points.
- Concordia Wisconsin's nine blocked shots is tied for the third most in a game in program history, while 57 rebounds are tied for the sixth most.
- Brandi Bender led the Sabres with 17 points, while Rachel Serchen added 11 points. Molly Magnus hauled in seven rebounds.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin will host Dominican on Saturday at 4:15 pm in the second game of a NACC doubleheader inside the R. John Buuck Field House.