FOND du LAC, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin was balanced throughout the game, but a decisive 20-6 scoring run in the middle of the game was more than enough for a commanding 69-42 at Marian on Wednesday night inside Sadoff Gymnasium.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 69, Marian 42
Location: Sadoff Gymnasium (Fond du Lac, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 12-3, 10-2 NACC; Marian 3-12, 2-8 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons led by five points with just over two minutes to play before the intermission, before pulling together and going on an impressive 20-6 run that went six minutes into the third period. Their advantage reached the 20-point plateau and touched 30 before the game was over.
- Concordia Wisconsin had 11 players mark the scoring column, with senior Taylor DeLong (Milwaukee, Wis.) leading the team with 13 points, to go along with six rebounds, two assists, two steals and a block in just 15 minutes of action.
- The Falcons stifling defense limited the Sabres to 31.8 percent from the floor and forced 23 turnovers. They also had 15 steals and converted those opportunities into 26 points.
- Senior Samantha Blissett (Springfield, Ill.) tallied six points, two rebounds, four assists, four steals and two blocks. Sophomore Baylee Barker (Oconomowoc, Wis.) and freshman Arianna Liddicoat (Watertown, Wis.) each had nine points.
- Sophomore Marciarae' Harmon (Milwaukee, Wis.) ended with six points, four rebounds and four assists. Junior Audrey Scharmer (Winona, Minn.) stole three passes and hauled in six rebounds.
- Freshman Kelsey Birschbach (Fond du Lac, Wis.) accumulated a season-high nine points and seven rebounds off the bench. Freshman Kailyn Foster (Janesville, Wis.) scored seven points in 12 minutes of action.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Falcons 27-point margin of victory is the second largest this season.
- Concordia Wisconsin's bench tallied 37 points, which is the third-highest total this season. They also had 26 points in the paint.
- Marian didn't help itself and the charity stripe, going 11-of-21.
- Nicole Paulus led all players with 16 points, while Molly Kovarik tallied 11 points.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- The Falcons travel to Rockford for a Saturday 2 pm NACC contest.