MEQUON, Wis. – Taylor DeLong pulled down her second career double-double, as Concordia Wisconsin controlled Lakeland from the start on Tuesday night during a 62-45 victory inside the R. John Buuck Field House.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 62, Lakeland 45
Location: R. John Buuck Field House (Mequon, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 16-4 (13-2 NACC), Lakeland 10-10 (9-6 NACC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons took full advantage of nearly every one of the Muskies 10 turnovers in the opening quarter to build a commanding 22-8 lead. During the first 10 minutes of play CUW scored 14 points off the Lakeland errors to own all the momentum.
- CUW pushed its advantage to 20-plus points in the third quarter and led by a game-high 27 points with 15 minutes to play in the game. They would lead by more than 20 points for three-and-a-half quarters.
- The Falcons finished with a commanding 20-1 advantage in second chance points after hauling in 18 offensive rebounds. They also ended with a 34-26 edge in points in the paint.
- CUW did continue its recent hot shooting at the free throw line, making 16-of-20 attempts (80 percent).
- DeLong (junior, Milwaukee, Wis.) had her first double-double of the season with 11 points and a career-high 11 rebounds. Meanwhile, senior Madelyn Landgraf (Elkhart Lake, Wis.) netted 14 points and freshman Baylee Barker (Oconomowoc, Wis.) scored nine points.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- With the victory the Falcons moved into sole possession of first place in the NACC standings, at least for a short time. Wisconsin Lutheran was idle tonight, thus giving CUW a half game lead for first place.
- In all, CUW played 14 players and had 10 mark the scoring column.
- In wasn't a pretty effort by either team from downtown, as the Falcons were 2-of-21 and the Muskies failed to make a triple (0-of-13).
- Miranda Jacobson paced the Muskies with 11 points off the bench, while Bailey Grayvold had eight points and six rebounds. Kayla Clark added seven points and Gaby Cappaert stole three passes.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- CUW will host Alverno on Saturday at 4:15 pm inside the R. John Buuck Field House.