BAYMON, Puerto Rico – Concordia University Wisconsin controlled Sunday's non-conference game and led for three quarters before Stockton's offense found its rhythm. The Ospreys put together a 23-6 scoring run in the final quarter, which led to a 63-58 victory.
Final Score: Stockton 63, Concordia Wisconsin 58
Location: Coliseo Ruben Rodriguez (Baymon, Puerto Rico)
Records: Stockton 8-3, Concordia Wisconsin 6-1
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons controlled the game for three quarters, until the Ospreys used a 23-6 scoring run during an eight-plus minute stretch in the fourth quarter to sway all the momentum. CUW led for nearly 28 minutes during the first three quarters before Stockton's offense caught fire.
- CUW shot over 50 percent during the first three periods, while its defense limited Richard Stockton to less than 29 percent shooting.
- Junior Samantha Blissett (Springfield, Ill.) paced the Falcons with 12 points on 6-for-9 shooting, to go along with six rebounds, two assists and a block. Sophomore Brianna Wagner (Fond du Lac, Wis.) was the only other player in double-figures with 10 points. She also grabbed four rebounds and stole three passes.
- Freshman Baylee Barker (Oconomowoc, Wis.) added eight points off the bench, including a pair of 3-pointers. Junior Taylor DeLong (Milwaukee, Wis.) added five points, six rebounds and two steals in a reserve role.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The loss was the first of the season for CUW.
- The Falcons committed a season-high 20 turnovers and allowed the Ospreys to grab 19 offensive rebounds.
- A key difference in the game were the 24 points off turnovers by Stockton, compared to CUW's 10 points off turnovers.
- Lea Mendolla had 15 points and three assists to pace the Ospreys; while Sasha Williams scored 14 points, grabbed with rebounds, assisted on two field goals, stole two passes and blocked two shots.
- Najha Treadwell and April Peterson each added eight points.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- The Falcons play No. 17 New England on Monday to conclude their trip at the San Juan Shootout.