MEQUON, WI – The Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Cross Country team had a strong start to their 2018 season, finishing second at the Ken Weidt Classic on the CUW campus. The Falcons were led by Wesley Schiek and Craig Reese, who finished in the top two spots.
- Falcons Finish: 2nd out of 6 (48 points)
- Locatation: Concordia University – Mequon, Wisconsin
- Falcons Top Five: Schiek (28:39.6); Reese (28:42.0); Ryan Teigen (30:09.6); William Ebel (30:18.9); Ryan Dziengel (34:13.5)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Schiek (Glendale, Wis.) paced both the Falcons and the meet overall, running a 28:39.6 with a mile pace of 5:46.
- Reese (Germantown, Wis.) followed closely behind Schiek, running a 28:42.0 with a mile pace just behind of 5:47.
- The Falcons had back-to-back finishers again at 10 and 11 in Teigen and Ebel. Teigen (Fargo, N.D) ran a 30:09.6 and Ebel (Macomb, Mich.) finished right behind with a 30:18.9 time.
- The freshman trio of Dziengel (Glendale, Wis.), Emmett Williams (Hartford, Wis.), and Jacob Lengel (Juda, Wis.) finished 24th, 26th, and 27th respectively, helping the Falcons put together a solid performance.
- Ripon College finished first in the meet as their top five runners all finished in the top ten. They put together 31 points to pick up the win.
- The Falcons will run again in three weeks at the UW-Eau Claire Blugold Invite hosted at Whitetail Golf Course. The race is scheduled to start at 5:15 pm on Friday, September, 28th.