ROCK ISLAND, Ill. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Cross Country team completed its 2017 season Saturday at the NCAA Division III Midwest Regionals. The Falcons finished 32nd as a team and were paced by Craig Reese, the sophomore who finished as the top CUW finisher in every race this season. All five Falcons who ran set PRs on Saturday.
- Falcons Finish: 32nd of 36 (920 points)
- Location: Saukie Golf Course – Rock Island, Illinois (8K Course)
- Falcons Top Five: Reese, Teigen, Huerta-Gutierrez, Haak, Wilcox
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Reese (Germantown, Wis.) paced the Falcons with a PR time of 26:17.9, his second sub-27 minute time of the season. He finished 128th in the race.
- Ryan Teigen (Fargo, N.D.) was next in line for CUW, crossing the finish line in a PR time of 26:53.5, his first-ever sub-27 minute 8K. Emanuel Huerta-Gutierrez (Walworth, Wis.) was the next Falcon to PR on Saturday, running a 27:34.3.
- Nikolai Haak (Elizabethtown, Ind.) also posted a PR time on Saturday, running a 28:38.4. Matthew Wilcox (APO, AE) rounded out the Falcons lineup with a PR time of 31:12.6.
- North Central cruised to a regional title by placing five runners in the top 12 and easily out-distancing UW-La Crosse (34-81). Darin Lau of UW-Eau Claire won the individual title.
December 18, 2017 De Lap breaks five American Records at Desert Solstice Event
November 11, 2017 Men's Cross Country season ends at Midwest Regionals
November 10, 2017 Race Notes: Cross Country heads to NCAA DIII Midwest Regionals
October 28, 2017 Reese finishes third at Men's Cross Country NACC Championships
October 25, 2017 Race Notes: Cross Country ready for NACC Championships
October 14, 2017 Huerta-Gutierrez, Wilcox post season-bests for Men's Cross Country
September 29, 2017 Five for Men's Cross Country set personal-bests Friday
September 22, 2017 Men's Cross Country competes at Brissman Lundeen Invite
September 9, 2017 Men's Cross Country seventh at Ken Weidt Classic
September 8, 2017 Race Notes: Cross County hosts Ken Weidt Classic this weekend
August 29, 2017 Reese paces Men's Cross Country in two-mile dual
August 21, 2017 Faith pushing Falcons to run as a unit