ROCK ISLAND, Ill. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Cross Country teams are set to compete at the NCAA Division III Midwest Regionals this weekend, hosted by Augustana College. The Falcons are looking to build off strong performances at the NACC Championships, where the women's team captured a league title.
- What: NCAA Division III Cross Country Midwest Regionals
- Where: Saukie Golf Course – Rock Island, Ill. (Hosted by Augustana)
- When: Men's Race – 11 a.m.; Women's Race - Noon
WOMEN'S RACE NOTES
- The Falcons are coming off a NACC Championship two weeks ago, when CUW cruised to a title with five runners in the top 12, all five earning All-NACC honors. The five All-NACC runners for CUW were: Nora Imperl (5th), Cassandra Sprotte (6th), Adrianna Lubner (8th), Martha Kulberg (9th), and Paulina Agnello (12th).
- The regionals are a bit different compared to other meets, as teams can only use seven runners. The Falcons are expected to go with the above five, along with Rileigh Dunning and Molly Wirtz.
- Imperl was an All-Region performer last year and just missed out on reaching the NCAA Division III Championships. She finished 18th in the regionals last season, with the top 35 earning All-Region status.
- Sprotte, Kulberg, and Wirtz were all in the Falcons top five at the regional last season. Agnello also ran for the Falcons at the regional meet a season ago, which was held at UW-Oshkosh.
- When CUW competed at Saukie Golf Course earlier this season (Sept. 22), the race was cut to a 5K due to the warm temperatures. The Falcons placed 10th at the 17-team Brisman Lundeen Invitational.
MEN'S RACE NOTES
- The Falcons finished sixth at the NACC Championships two weeks ago and were paced by Craig Reese. Reese, who has led the Falcons in every race this season, had one of his best efforts at the NACC Championships with a third-place finish, good for All-NACC recognition.
- CUW will have just five running on Saturday as Nikolai Haak, Emanuel Huerta-Gutierrez, Ryan Teigen, and Matthew Wilcox will join Reese at the regional meet.
- When CUW competed at Saukie Golf Course earlier this season, the race was shortened to a four-mile due to warm temperatures. Reese paced the Falcons with a 22:54.9, while Teigen ran a 24:48.4.
December 18, 2017 De Lap breaks five American Records at Desert Solstice Event
November 11, 2017 Men's Cross Country season ends at Midwest Regionals
November 10, 2017 Race Notes: Cross Country heads to NCAA DIII Midwest Regionals
October 28, 2017 Reese finishes third at Men's Cross Country NACC Championships
October 25, 2017 Race Notes: Cross Country ready for NACC Championships
October 14, 2017 Huerta-Gutierrez, Wilcox post season-bests for Men's Cross Country
September 29, 2017 Five for Men's Cross Country set personal-bests Friday
September 22, 2017 Men's Cross Country competes at Brissman Lundeen Invite
September 9, 2017 Men's Cross Country seventh at Ken Weidt Classic
September 8, 2017 Race Notes: Cross County hosts Ken Weidt Classic this weekend
August 29, 2017 Reese paces Men's Cross Country in two-mile dual
August 21, 2017 Faith pushing Falcons to run as a unit