MEQUON, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Cross Country team finished seventh at its home meet Saturday. The Falcons were paced by Craig Reese and Ryan Teigen in the first 8K run of the season.
Falcons Finish: 7th of 12 (182 points)
Location: CUW – Mequon, Wisconsin
Falcons Top Five: Reese (28:41.1); Teigen (29:47.8); Emanuel Huerta-Gutierrez (30:22.8); Nikolai Haak (31:43.4); Brandon Goesch (32:47.6)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Reese (Germantown, Wis.) finished 13th overall in the 103-runner field. The sophomore posted a time of 28:41.1 to lead the Falcons.
- Teigen (pictured – Fargo, N.D.) was next in line for the Falcons, finishing 28th overall with a time of 29:47.8. Senior Huerta-Guttierez (Walworth, Wis.) followed him, posting a time of 30:22.8.
- Haak (Elizabethtown, Wis.) and Goesch (Germantown, Wis.) finished fourth and fifth in terms of CUW runners, crossing the finish line at 31:43.4 and 32:47.6, respectively.
- Freshmen Justin Johnson (Van Dyne, Wis.) and Zachary Hutchins (Kewaskum, Wis.) each ran their first collegiate 8K Saturday. Johnson posted a time of 36:19.9, while Hutchins clocked in at 37:00. Matthew Wilcox (APO, AE) rounded out the Falcons with a 38:17.4.
- St. Norbert won both the men's and women's races Saturday. The Green Knights scored 55 points on the men's side, finishing 14 points ahead of Benedictine.
- Josh Janusiak of Lawrence won the individual title, running a 25:53.
- The Falcons will run at the Brissman-Lundeen Invite on Friday, September 22. The men's race is set to start at 3:45 p.m.