MEQUON, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin had its best blocking performance of the season against one of the nation's best teams, but ultimately dropped a 3-0 (25-14, 25-19, 25-14) NACC match to No. 7 Dominican on Wednesday night.
Final Score: No. 7 Dominican 3, Concordia Wisconsin 0 (25-14, 25-19, 25-14)
Location: R. John Buuck Field House (Mequon, Wis.)
Records: Dominican 19-6, 7-1 NACC; Concordia Wisconsin 0-24, 0-10
HOW IT HAPPENED
- It was a block party inside the R. John Buuck Field House, as Concordia Wisconsin impressed the crowd with 10 total blocks in the three-set match against another difficult opponent. They had four blocks in the opening set and six in the second frame.
- The second set is when the Falcons came to play, owning an 11-9 lead nearly midway through after recording five blocks to that point. They would also have the set tied at 14-all and led 20-18 before the Stars would take over and win the set 25-19 to take a 2-0 lead in the match.
- There were 11 scoring ties and five lead changes in the competitive match.
- Freshman Sam Rovik (Silver Lake, Wis.) and sophomore Braden Persinger (Reedsville, Wis.) each had a team-high seven kills, while freshman Blake Schwandt (Kenosha, Wis.) had four kills, two solo blocks and six block assists. Rovik also had five digs and three block assists.
- Freshman Matthew Korman (Roscoe, Ill.) posted 16 assists, three digs and two block assists, while senior Brett Keiper (Glendale, Wis.) and freshman Isaac Glynn (Byron, Minn.) each had two block assists.
- The 10 total blocks are the most by Concordia Wisconsin in a match this season.
- Troy Kates led all players with 10 kills, while Patrick Bradford posted nine kills and Nidhin Thomas added seven kills, five digs and a match-high five service aces for the Stars.
- Evan Ruffner ended with 30 assists and six digs.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin will have off until it plays the final home match of the season on Friday, April 6 against Aurora inside the R. John Buuck Field House at 7 pm.