OLIVET, Mich. – Concordia Wisconsin played strong on Thursday scoring it's most points in a three-set match, but Olivet came out in the end to earn a 3-0 (25-18, 25-18, 25-21) non-conference victory.
Final Score: Olivet 3, Concordia Wisconsin 0 (25-18, 25-18, 25-21)
Location: Cutler Event Center (Olivet, Mich.)
Records: Olivet 6-8, Concordia Wisconsin 0-21
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Despite the final outcome, the Falcons went deeper into the sets than they have in most matches this season, especially the third set. They found themselves down 21-11 before putting together an impressive 10-3 scoring run to force a Comet timeout at 24-21.
- There were eight scoring ties and six lead changes in the non-league matchup.
- Freshman Sam Rovik (Silver Lake, Wis.) led Concordia Wisconsin with nine kills, while freshman Will Driver (Mokena, Ill.) tallied four kills. Freshman Matthew Korman (Roscoe, Ill.) had 14 assists and a trio of his teammates served two aces.
- Freshman Jeremy Theis (Port Washington, Wis.) had 14 digs and freshman Blake Schwandt (Kenosha, Wis.) recorded three block assists.
- The Falcons recorded 21 assists and 36 digs, which is the most in a three-set match this season. They also had eight service aces, which tied a three-set match total from January 19.
- Trent Robinson led all players with 12 kills and Rhett Pringle recorded nine kills, eight digs and two service aces.
- Tanner Gardenour had 32 assists when directing the offense and Logan Blough ended with 14 digs, five kills and four blocks (three assisted).
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin returns to NACC play on Wednesday with a 7 pm match at Dominican.