AURORA, Ill. – Aurora used a 12-0 scoring run in the opening set to gain momentum en route to a 3-0 (25-9, 25-13, 25-14) over visiting Concordia Wisconsin inside Thornton Gymnasium.
Final Score: Aurora 3, Concordia Wisconsin 0 (25-9, 25-13, 25-14)
Location: Thornton Gymnasium (Aurora, Ill.)
Records: Aurora 8-2, 3-1 NACC; Concordia Wisconsin 0-13, 0-3 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin was within three points, 11-8, of Aurora during the NACC match, but the hosts scored 12 points in a row to take control and win the first set.
- The Falcons took its lone lead in the matchup with a 7-5 advantage in the third set, but the Spartans answered with six points in a row to force a timeout. Aurora would go on to win the set and match by sweep.
- Freshman Zach Smith (Massillon, Ohio) led the Falcons with seven kills and a .174 attack percentage, while freshman Isaac Glynn (Byron, Minn.) had eight assists. Freshman Jeremy Theis (Port Washington, Wis.) recorded a match-high-tying 10 digs.
- Justin Elliott smashed 10 kills and Tyler Korhorn posted 31 assists and 10 digs.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin hosts NACC-foe and 10th-ranked Benedictine on Saturday at 1 pm inside the R. John Buuck Field House.