MEQUON, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin improved as each set progressed on Saturday night in the first home match in program history against Loras, but eventually fell 3-0 (25-8, 25-15, 25-19) inside the R. John Buuck Field House.
Final Score: Loras 3, Concordia Wisconsin 0 (25-8, 25-15, 25-19)
Location: R. John Buuck Field House (Mequon, Wis.)
Records: Loras 1-0, Concordia Wisconsin 0-2
QUOTING HEAD COACH CURTIS MADSON
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin played its best volleyball in the third set, as there were four scoring ties and two lead changes. They were within two points, 13-11, before the Duhawks scored four unanswered points to turn the momentum in their favor.
- Freshman Sam Rovik (Silver Lake, Wis.) led the Falcons with five kills and freshman Isaac Glynn (Byron, Minn.) assisted on five kills.
- Defensively, freshman Will Driver (Mokena, Ill.) had five digs, while Rovik and freshman Blake Schwandt (Kenosha, Wis.) each recorded a pair of block assists.
- Jake Chudzik led all players with eight kills, while Patrick Hollander and Alfredo Lopez combined for 25 assists.
- Blair Anderson had six digs and Leo Peters posted five block assists and a solo block.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin hosts Maranatha Baptist and Olivet on Friday in a triangular starting at 3 pm.