LISLE, Ill. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Track & Field team posted another strong showing at the NACC Outdoor Championships, taking third over the two-day event. Gavin Falotico, Silas Hasselbrook, and Craig Reese won events for the Falcons while Samual Spranger broker his own school record and Dawson Ziegler tied a school record, highlighting the weekend for CUW.
- Falcons Finish: 3rd of 10 (137 points)
- Location: University Sports Complex – Lisle, Illinois
- Individual Champions: Falotico (Javelin), Silas Hasselbrook (110 Hurdles), Reese (10,000-meter run)
- School Records: Spranger (400); Zieger (tied – Pole Vault)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Reese posted a pair of top-two finishes for CUW over the weekend, including his first-place showing in the 10,000-meter run. He ran a 33:45.51 for his win and added a 16:10.87 in the 5,000-meter run, placing second in the event.
- Hasselbrook won the 110-meter hurdles after running the finals in a time of 15.36. He then finished third in the 400-meter hurdles, clocking in at 57.14.
- The final event win for the Falcons came in the javelin throw, the third straight NACC win for Falotico. He landed a throw of 48.75 meters. Brandon Hargis added a third-place finish in the event (46.75). Hargis also placed fifth in the discus (37.65), joining teammate Tyler Martinkus in the top five. Martinkus landed a throw of 38.38 meters for a second-place finish, one of three top-five performances for the senior. He also placed third in both the shot put (13.29) and the hammer throw (43.43).
- Spranger bested his own school record in the 400-meter dash, running a 48.09 in the finals of the event. He finished second by .04 seconds in the race. Ziegler tied Grant Johnson with the pole vault school record, clearing 4.25 meters for a third-place finish.
- Jake Roy gave the Falcons a trio of top-five finishes over the two days. The junior placed third in the 200-meter dash (22.27) and added a fifth-place finish in the 100 (11.19). Roy showcased his versatility with a fifth-place showing in the long jump (6.46 meters). Brandon Wooden added a fourth-place finish in the triple jump (12.63).
- CUW had the second and third-place finishers in the decathlon in Athanasius Hasselbrook and Matthew Korman. Hasselbrook scored 4,833 points and won the pole vault and discus throw decathlon events. Korman scored 4,010 points for his third-place finish.
- Aurora captured its third NACC Outdoor Championship and first since 2015 after scoring 204.5 points. Benedictine placed second with 187 points.
- Over the next couple of weeks, a select number of Falcons will compete at last chance meets in the area.