WHITEWATER, Wis. – Samual Spranger picked up a win in the 400-meter dash, pacing the Men's Track & Field Team Saturday at the UW-Whitewater Drake Alternative Meet. The meet was the final one for the Falcons before next week's NACC Championships.
- Falcons Finish: No Team Scores
- Location: Rex Foster Track Complex at Fiskum Field – Whitewater, Wisconsin
- Individual Champions: Spranger (400)
HOW IT HAPPENED
-Spranger finished the 400-meter dash in a time of 49.96, good for first place. He bested a field of 25 for his individual title. The sophomore added a 10th-place finish in the 200-meter dash (22.50).
- CUW had a pair of top-ten finishing relay teams, led by the third-place 4X100-meter dash squad. The foursome of Silas Hasselbrook, Nick Margrett, Brandon Wooden, and Jacob Roy ran a 43.80. The Falcons finished sixth in the 4X400-meter relay as Emmett Williams, Henry Jensen, Matthew Wilcox, and Craig Reese ran a 3:50.71.
- Roy added a ninth-place finish in the long jump for CUW, recording a mark of 6.46 meters.
- The Falcons final top-10 finish came from Wooden in the triple jump. He landed at 12.63 meters.
- The Falcons had one student-athlete receive an invite to the Drake Relays this weekend as Gavin Falotico competed in the javelin throw. The 2017 Division III All-American finished 20th with a throw of 51.31 meters, competing against several top athletes, including multiple Division I participants.
- Ryan Curran - Shot Put (11.82)
- Declan Harman - 200 (24.91)
- Athanasius Hasselbrook - Javelin (41.52)
- Silas Hasselbrook - 100 (11.20)
- Jensen - 800 (2:21.38)
- Zach Larsen - Shot Put (10.93)
- Larsen - Discus (25.94)
- Tyler Martinkus - Discus (36.81)
- Martinkus - Javelin (36.66)
- Roy - Long Jump (6.46)
- Matthew Wilcox - 1,500 (4:42.31)
- The Falcons will compete at the two-day NACC Championships next Friday and Saturday. The meet will begin Friday at 9:30 a.m. and will be hosted by Benedictine.
May 21, 2018 Spranger named USTFCCCA All-Region Honoree
May 17, 2018 UPDATE: Spranger qualifies for NCAA Championships!
April 21, 2018 Reese wins 5,000-meter run for Men's Track & Field Saturday
April 3, 2018 Spranger sprints to NACC Weekly Award
February 25, 2018 Johnson's school record guides Men's Track & Field at NACC Indoor Meet
February 21, 2018 Men's Track & Field to compete at NACC Championships Sunday
February 17, 2018 Spranger breaks 400 record for Men's Track & Field Saturday
February 10, 2018 Men's Track & Field led by sprinters at UW-Platteville meet
January 26, 2018 Reese sets 1,000-meter school record for Men's Track & Field
January 13, 2018 Men's Track & Field finishes second at Private College Invite
December 18, 2017 De Lap breaks five American Records at Desert Solstice Event
December 2, 2017 Men's Track & Field places fourth in season-opening meet